Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Good routes for Newbies

• 05-11-2012 10:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭

Hi lads,
    Looking to do a few day trips. Any suggestions?
    I'm living in North Kildare. Was thinking up around skerries and the like?

Cheers in advance,

Eoin

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Do the N52 from Mullingar all the way upto and past Ardee....one of the best roads around these parts.

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭eoinkildare

Think I'll give it a go on Friday.

Cheers Wonda

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

Agreed, the N52 is a great stretch of road. If the time allows, then take the N2 from Ardee and head into Collon and then Slane, turning left at the lights heading for Drogheda and then from Drogheda to Skerries. Some great roads there.

Not sure I'll have time this time around but i'll add it to the list.
    I wonder could we get people to put up a few of their favorite routes/ day trips from around dublin, including good places to stop for a break or places to see?

Eoin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,307 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

There's a few cool roads around the canals in north kildare
    http://goo.gl/maps/YAXRB

Not twisty, but nice drive all the same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 472 ✭✭RobertM

Agreed, the N52 is a great stretch of road. If the time allows, then take the N2 from Ardee and head into Collon and then Slane, turning left at the lights heading for Drogheda and then from Drogheda to Skerries. Some great roads there.

Yup, Drogheda - Balbriggan - Skerries - Rush.. Nice route along the sea:D

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭nerrad1983

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Do the N52 from Mullingar all the way upto and past Ardee....one of the best roads around these parts.

Il 2nd this

Its a great road many a good spin on it ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭P.C.

Last time I was on the N52 (about six weeks ago) it had so many patches of loose chippings. Ruined the spin for me.

Should be OK now.

Think I'm persuaded to try the N52 so! I'll give it a go tomorrow and I'll report back...

Cheers,
    Eoin

Sure you are going past my door for alot of it....What time you doing the spin at, fancy a bit of company?

• Advertisement

Sure you are going past my door for alot of it....What time you doing the spin at, fancy a bit of company?

PM Sent

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Mr Sheen!

Not sure I'll have time this time around but i'll add it to the list.
    I wonder could we get people to put up a few of their favorite routes/ day trips from around dublin, including good places to stop for a break or places to see?

Eoin

Sounds like a good thread to start:D

Yeah, I will start the best route you will ever get....lol.

Hope on the crotch rocket & head straight to the nearest subway. Do not pass go, do not collect €200....just a double meatball footlong with extra cheese!!!!

:p:p

Yeah, I will start the best route you will ever get....lol.

Hope on the crotch rocket & head straight to the nearest subway. Do not pass go, do not collect €200....just a double meatball footlong with extra cheese!!!!

:p:p

You forgot . . .Do not Superman Dive over a brick wall to save subway meal as this may result in injury LOL :D:D:D

leppla wrote: »
    You forgot . . .Do not Superman Dive over a brick wall to save subway meal as this may result in injury LOL :D:D:D

OMFG...reporting this post. WHAT HAPPENS ON A SPIN STAYS ON THE SPIN!!!

You broke the 1st rule of erm......SPIN CLUB!

Just like to highlight the fact that this incident occurred before the spin commenced. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Already looking forward to the Sunday subway:)

SPIN CLUB Be careful, you make it sound like a spinning class

You're going for a ride, call it Ride Club. When you're leving the gaff and your girlfriend/wife asks where you're going, tell her you're meeting Eoin from Kildare for Ride Club. Then tell her the first rule of Ride Club.
    She'll understand :cool:

PMSL...This is getting way to GHAY for me, as for Eoin I taught HER name was UNA not Eoin.

:D

Might aswell call it the feckin SUBWAY CLUB.

I'll join yous, this is what I'm riding at the moment
    (possibly nsfw)

http://www.badhaven.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/south-park-bicycle.gif

I think I will skip the next spin . . .

• Advertisement

Well I went for a spin/ride today but I think as it turned out, I was very lucky not to meet Wonda!!

Oh, and the lad even managed to curse the weather on me just as I was leaving home. Spent the rest of the day getting pissed on and trying to avoid mud on the road from the farmers. Got as far as Kells on the N52 and then decided to start heading towards home. I'll have to pick up where I left off when I get some better weather as it just wasn't pleasant. I can see the attraction of the N52 though.

It would still be good if some other routes were suggested here or on another thread.

Thanks,
    Eoin

LOL, soz about that Eoin. It was dry all day in Meath bar about 20mins, it will do you no harm at all out and about in the rain. It is a lovely route all the same hopefully you might be able to get out on a spin this sunday.

BTW, some of the best routes I have found have not been planned at all. Alot of the time the best spins you will ever have are just hopping on the bike and heading into the sunset so to speak.....

Always check the weather forecast before you head out :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭markad1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 896 ✭✭✭blu3r0ri0n

Pussy's, the only thing I check for is that I have my keys!!!!

**Queue bad ass music and top off the range motorbike shot driving off**

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭markad1

Pussy's, the only thing I check for is that I have my keys!!!!

**Queue bad ass music and top off the range motorbike shot driving off**

:p

driving off in the pissing rain soaking wet :p

Worst thing is when forecast looks like rain, says there's a good possibility of rain so you stay in and it doesn't rain. :mad:

Cienciano wrote: »
    Worst thing is when forecast looks like rain, says there's a good possibility of rain so you stay in and it doesn't rain. :mad:

I usually check the forecast, but I dont stay in if it looks like rain. . .I just throw on the wet gear!

Mad stuff altogether keeps ya dry :rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

Riding in the rain is great. No such thing as bad weather, just wrong gear. Riding in the rain teaches you to be smooth with your braking and accelerating. If you can get smooth and quick in the wet, it will improve your dry weather riding. Or at least it did for me anyway. Personally I'd rather ride when it's bucketing down than if the roads are just damp. Obviously given the choice, I'd rather ride in warm, dry sunny conditions. But we're in the wrong country for that! LOL

Advertisement