Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Monitor not turning on

• 05-11-2012 11:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭

I was given a 42" plasma monitor. When it was working fine, it seems it was turned on, and working away when someone pulled the plug from from the wall. They immediately plugged it back in, but the monitor wouldn't come on. The model is vpm424w-13. There seems to be no maker , but google brings up Buslink.

Now when it's plugged in, the led on the front comes on orange. When you press the power button, the led turns green, and that's all. There is a sound of clicking once coming from it. The screen stays black. Absolutely no sign of life. I opened it up and there are 3 leds on the power board. 2 of them are green. One much smaller one is red. When plugged in, one green led comes on. When the power button is pressed, the other green one lights up as well. The red led never lights. The green ones stay on. No blinking.

Reading about possible problems is seems that the power board is the most likely culprit. Can you tell me if this is the case, given the info I have given you. I can get a replacement board for about €75, but I don't want to spend that on it if it isn't at fault. The board is this one http://www.shopjimmy.com/lg-3501q00053a-power-supply.htm but I can get the same board in the UK for €75 delivered, just made by a different manufacturer.

I am not averse to having a go at repairing the board myself, but is there any common fault with this board, do you know of that could help me pinpoint the problem.

It's a few years old so I don't want to spend much on it. Thanks for any help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 grandad1939

I know its a very long time ago, but did you ever find the info you were looking for?

Advertisement