Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Expressions you hate

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

people who refer to you in the third person. example your name is john. they ask "how's john"

Or 'how's u?' :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

trashcan wrote: »
    Only thing worse is people who refer to themselves in the third person. You'd never catch Trashcan doing that sort of thing, oh no.

u just did jokes on u!!!1!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭by8auj6csd3ioq

been there done that bought the t shirt. so annoying especially in interview on radio/tv

24/7 even worse when add 365

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

All to play for.

Called out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,976 ✭✭✭optogirl

'influencer'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

"Isn't it well for you". Go away, I haven't been on holiday for ages, just because you waste all you money on drink, smokes, and fancy phones.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,755 ✭✭✭donegal_man

"I seen" when you mean "I saw". I know it's a minor error but makes my skin crawl.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,865 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

"I seen" when you mean "I saw". I know it's a minor error but makes my skin crawl.

"Should of"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

"Should of"

Their not good at grammar, who ever says that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Are Am Eye

been there done that bought the t shirt.

Around the time of some of the brown envelope shenanigans of Charlie Haughey and Ben Dunne came out there was a t shirt > Ben there, Dunne that, bought the Taoiseach

• Registered Users Posts: 10,865 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Ipso wrote: »
    "Should of"

Their not good at grammar, who ever says that.
    Your right they're.

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭nails1

'Leave it with me'
    'I'll get back to you'

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭ChunkyLover54

When people refer to meeting someone for conversation as meeting for "the chat".

• Registered Users Posts: 19,369 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

We are ...rolling this out.....

From farm to fork

Shovel ready.

Wheeeeeeesh .......tinkle......sound of a bottle whizzing towards the device!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

Nope
    Apparently it's used on twitter when people disagree with things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭MissMayo

Happy days
    Good times
    Gets you in the feels

And to echo the above poster, nope! My friends ex-girlfriend was extremely loud and obnoxious, just loved the sound of her own voice and would yell over anyone else who was speaking. One day I was speaking to her about various forms of contraception (I honestly cannot remember why) and I mentioned Implanon and she yelled "OMG NOPE!!!! I would never get that done!" while telling me a bucket load of exaggerated crap about "OMG one woman who had one end up in hospital with it in her lung!" and "If it gets into your veins it can give you a heart attack!" I tried to explain to her that this stuff, if true, had a one in a million chance of happening, it's very reliable at preventing pregnancy, etc. but eventually gave up due to my patience wearing extremely thin as "Nope! Nope! Nooooope!" grew louder and louder. (Bear in mind, this woman was in her 20's and had a child.)

That story just reminded me of another annoyance - Personally, I, myself.....
    "Personally, I, myself cannot wait to see the new Top Gun movie." *Usually while pointing at themselves in case you are wondering who they are referring to.*

Threw shade

• Registered Users Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭smilerf

When someone describes themselves being tired as Wall falling. What the hell does that mean

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭twirlagig

Work in retail so I'm often down on my knees stocking shelves, tidying etc...
    'Say one for me while you're at it'
    It's not the worst saying or expression but I don't need to hear it every 5 minutes!

twirlagig wrote: »
    Work in retail so I'm often down on my knees stocking shelves, tidying etc...
    'Say one for me while you're at it'
    It's not the worst saying or expression but I don't need to hear it every 5 minutes!

As long as that's all your asked to do when your on your knees

• Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭pimpmyhat

My bad

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭garrettod

"Back in the Day"

"Yada, Yada, Yada"

"Like seriously" (even worse when done with a little wanna be South County Dublin accent)

Thanks,

G.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭chatticusfinch

"Mad as a brush"

What is wrong with sweeping utensils and why is their mental health in such a shoddy state?

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭chatticusfinch

also,

"Thanking you"

I've heard this monstrosity of language a few times now, who on earth narrates their activities in the first person present text. Madness, madness I say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭vampyre

"Mad as a brush"

What is wrong with sweeping utensils and why is their mental health in such a shoddy state?

Full phrase was mad as a brush with no bristles, only a slight improvement.
    I want to know why putting frogs in a box would make them anything other than mad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭by8auj6csd3ioq

"They took to twitter to express"..whatever example complain about the bus/the score the ref disallowed etc. who cares

Facebook. i hate any mention of it like "follow us on" or "Do you put your photos on facebook" or " i put it on facebok" On Joe Duffy one day a woman was complaing and said i went home and turned on " and it was so important to her I thought it would be the news but it was " my facebook"

Likewise "social media"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,755 ✭✭✭donegal_man

"I want you all to give / I always give 110%" That's impossible you moron

Advertisement