Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Extra sockets.

Options
  • 05-11-2012 11:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭

Hi folks.
    I want to put an extra double wall (plug) sockets in each of five rooms in a small bungalow.
    Can these new sockets be wired back to the existing elcb.

Q: Approx. how much in total should I expect to pay for the job. That is 5 plugs, cable and labour.

Thanks for info.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,379 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

Hi folks.
    I want to put an extra double wall (plug) sockets in each of five rooms in a small bungalow.
    Can these new sockets be wired back to the existing elcb.

Q: Approx. how much in total should I expect to pay for the job. That is 5 plugs, cable and labour.

Thanks for info.

Too many variables to give any sort of meaning full quote here.

What are the walls made of? Can any sockets be put "back to back" with a socket in another room?

They may be able to be run of the exisinting MCB, although MCB's aren't dear so adding an extra one shouldn't be an issue.

Shouldn't be too expensive, but hard to give an accurate number without knowing more.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭cosmowillie53

Yes indeed it was a fairly broad question...a little knowledge etc.

I believe one socket can go back to back with an existing socket.

The cable will be going behind plasterboard. (cable will be in place before the plasterboard is in place.

The longest distance from any socket to the fuse board is no more than 20 feet.

Hope this info helps a bit.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,379 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

Yes indeed it was a fairly broad question...a little knowledge etc.

I believe one socket can go back to back with an existing socket.

The cable will be going behind plasterboard. (cable will be in place before the plasterboard is in place.

The longest distance from any socket to the fuse board is no more than 20 feet.

Hope this info helps a bit.

Thanks.

If its a new build or refurb they normally just charge X per point.

If the cable can be run before the plaster board is up, it should be quite easy, but would involve two visits, so that might drive up the cost.

I would guess you'd be looking at €200, but it all depends, could be more could be less

Advertisement