Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TNG in HD started tonight on Syfy.

Options
  • 05-11-2012 11:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭

Don't know if there's mention of tis anywhere but just in case there's not, there ya go. Star Trek TNG in HD started tonight at 7pm on Syfy.

Watching Encounter at Farpoint tonight for the first time in ages, it's mad how strained and awkward and uncomfortable the actors seemed. They all really grew into themselves.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

Don't know if there's mention of tis anywhere but just in case there's not, there ya go. Star Trek TNG in HD started tonight at 7pm on Syfy.

Watching Encounter at Farpoint tonight for the first time in ages, it's mad how strained and awkward and uncomfortable the actors seemed. They all really grew into themselves.

Ah yes, Encounter at Farpoint, so much fun to watch, so many laughable scenes I don't even know where to start.

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭Kurn

My favourite was Deanna's acting "such pain...."

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

The weirdest part for me was Riker snapping at Geordi because he wasn't standing properly because it was an 'official report'.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Battle Bridge.. under utilised (criminally so!) imho!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

IvySlayer wrote: »
    The weirdest part for me was Riker snapping at Geordi because he wasn't standing properly because it was an 'official report'.

LOL, thankfully he removed the pickle from his ass and lightened up a bit!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Goldstein

Battle Bridge.. under utilised (criminally so!) imho!

How many episodes did they forget about that one?

Dammit, the bridge is compromised, we must therefore get to main engineering......

....ooooor we could just use that 2nd bridge we have.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Goldstein wrote: »
    How many episodes did they forget about that one?

Dammit, the bridge is compromised, we must therefore get to main engineering......

....ooooor we could just use that 2nd bridge we have.

They used it in far point, then when Geordi took command.
    Then Picard gave the kids a tour to it.

So basically twice in 7 seasons! (i think!)

I remember a scene with Picard sitting down reading a book and the door chime rings and you can see that sound boom thing hanging over the actor. I don't know why I was so annoyed by it at the time, ruined the magic or something... They are not really in space! :eek::eek:

Anyone watching on SyFy (no HD here) does the HD look amazing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

johnmryan wrote: »

I can't speak for SyFy...but the bluray version is absolutely mind blowingly good

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭downwithpeace

So tempted to buy it, this isn't helping :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

I love the way syfy has it's in description as: Ne

:P

Watching the Ferengi episode now!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

Must put this on series link.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

No access to SyFy here, but out of interest - are they showing the widescreen / 16:9 version or 4:3?

I remember there was talk about the syndication version being 16:9 while the BluRays were there original 4:3.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 alkymalky

They used it in far point, then when Geordi took command.
    Then Picard gave the kids a tour to it.

So basically twice in 7 seasons! (i think!)

You're missing Picard's rescue in Best of Both Worlds part 2

Yeah, it's really really good. Especially a side-on shot of the ship, the nacelles look class, savage glow from them.
    Goodshape wrote: »
    No access to SyFy here, but out of interest - are they showing the widescreen / 16:9 version or 4:3?

I remember there was talk about the syndication version being 16:9 while the BluRays were there original 4:3.

It's 4:3 unfortunately but it doesn't take from it.

I can't wait to see Remmicks head blowing up in HD.

IvySlayer wrote: »
    I can't wait to see Remmicks head blowing up in HD.

:pac: :pac:

Watching it now, quality is awesome!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Watching it now, quality is awesome!

And thats a heavily compressed 1080i stream to your tv...wait until you see 1080p from disc...its unreal

• Registered Users Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

To paraphrase Picard at Troi's pre wedding dinner: "conflicts are not permitted at Starfleet gatherings, I hereby declare all disputes resolved." Everyone stops arguing and goes about their business. I love the ultra nerdy almost D&D conception of human behaviour in season 1 Star Trek.

• Advertisement

Yeah, it's really really good. Especially a side-on shot of the ship, the nacelles look class, savage glow from them.

It's 4:3 unfortunately but it doesn't take from it.

I watched in on SYFY SD last night, it had those bars, assume because it was the HD quality on SD - something to do with it? But even on SD it looked better than before.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I watched in on SYFY SD last night, it had those bars, assume because it was the HD quality on SD - something to do with it? But even on SD it looked better than before.

Everything was filmed in 4:3 in them days....because all TV's were 4:3. There were no black bars. :)

On a side note, I watched the first 5 minutes of the holodeck episode today on SyFy where the ship docks with the space station. F*ck me it looked good. :eek:

I might just pick it up on bluray after all.

Kirby wrote: »

On a side note, I watched the first 5 minutes of the holodeck episode today on SyFy where the ship docks with the space station. F*ck me it looked good. :eek:

Yeah, that was StarBase 74. It looked savage!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,981 ✭✭✭Daith

Rewatching TNG too. Looks great in HD. Still amazed at the heavy lifting that Spiner and Stewart do.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Does anyone know when season three will be on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 894 ✭✭✭filmbuffboy

Well, season 2 remastered started airing on syfy almost as soon as the blu ray was released.

I'd imagine that season 3 will be on syfy very quickly once it's released on blu ray. Blu ray release set for April 29th in the UK & Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭MetalDog

mad muffin wrote: »
    Does anyone know when season three will be on?

Season 3 starts March 4th on SyFy, don't know if thats HD or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

MetalDog wrote: »
    Season 3 starts March 4th on SyFy, don't know if thats HD or not.

Not In HD :eek::(

Damn you SyFy with your bait and switch...

BUMP

Season 3 of TNG starts tonght, aswell as season 1 of DS9 :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭Bistoman

Have any of the Borg episodes been shown in HD Yet? Or will We get to see our first HD Borg in tonight's pilot of DS9?
    I know " Best Of Both Worlds" Is getting a Cinema release in the states in a few weeks, I think that will be spectacular in HD.

Advertisement