Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC cabling - 2 bed townhouse

Options
  • 06-11-2012 12:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭

Quick question - I currently have UPC in the sittingroom of a 2 bed townhouse. I was just wondering if anyone in the same house-type has multiroom from UPC and if yes, is there already a cable fitted to anywhere else in the house or did you have to pay the fee to get more points installed? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Depends on which part of Charlesland as some housees were supplied with TV points in the master bedroom. AFAIK all two bed townhouses have a point in the Kitchen and Living Room. Have a looksie for a blank wall plate in the Kitchen if that's where you want to put it.

Check this and report back for further instructions...:)

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭the Lamb Post

eleMental wrote: »
    Quick question - I currently have UPC in the sittingroom of a 2 bed townhouse. I was just wondering if anyone in the same house-type has multiroom from UPC and if yes, is there already a cable fitted to anywhere else in the house or did you have to pay the fee to get more points installed? Thanks

In the court the houses were wired to 3 points - sitting room, 1 bedroom and kitchen, but they only provided 2 boxes on the walls (bedroom and sitting room).

When I got UPC's phone and broadband I wanted the modem/phone box in the kitchen so just moved the box from the bedroom down to the kitchen. When the lads came to install they just changed the supply connection over in the box outside the front door from the bedroom to kitchen.

As astrofluff says, have a look in the kitchen for a blank plate. Mine was on the external wall at the rear of the house, just to the right of the door.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭desoc32

Hi. I'm also in the court and their is 3 points here too. One in sitting room, one in kitchen at back door and one in the master bedroom. But my friend lives in the same type house in Charlesland court also and has none in the kitchen! I've looked for it and i know what i'm looking for (electrician). Easiest way is to open the small white upc box below the esb and gas meters and count the amount of cables there. One is a feed into the house and their should be 2-3 leaving the splitter going inside to various points in the house. Another friend in Charlesland wood had none in kitchen either so maybe early stages of the development supplied just the two points.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭eleMental

thanks all - checked behind some stuff in the kitchen and found the white panel mentioned above - brilliant!

Advertisement