Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taking a girl out this weekend (hopefully)

Options
  • 06-11-2012 1:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭

I plan on asking a particular young lady out for this weekend. If she's good enough to say yes, I have a problem because I've been all over the net trying to find something cool to take her to. Sorry for spamming yis but I want to get this right (ps wish me luck). She's into music as am I but I can't find anything that looks like a safe bet.

Any other suggestions? I know Keith Farnan is playing the city limits but I've never had a first date at a stand up show and I've never been that venue and know nothing about it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Your username couldn't be more perfect for the situation. :D

I'd suggest drinks and live music maybe, but not somewhere thats to loud that you cant have a conversation, you could go to a comedy club too, maybe stop before hand for one or two, thats if ye both are drinking.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

not too sure about live gigs this weekend gave up heading to town. But mmm first date what to do, you could try perhaps bowling or ping pong in the Mardyke sounds a bit boring but it is quite fun..You could get a pitcher of beer or something and a few nibbles while ye are there..

What age group are we talking...

Fair duece for asking not a lot of men do that is asking the lucky lady on a date

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

Make sure to carry protection. Can't be too careful.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

testicle wrote: »
    Make sure to carry protection. Can't be too careful.

Yep it's going to rain this weeknd.

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭yenom

The Catwalk stays open late enough these days and is cheap too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

Thanks all but it was a false alarm :(:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

cantdecide wrote: »
    Thanks all but it was a false alarm :(:(:(

Could you not decide?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

Came too early

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭livinsane

Have to say I went to see Keith Farnan some time ago in City Limits and he was awesome. I reckon it'd be a great date. Nothing like alot of laughing to relax ye, and if the crowd is as good as the last time, the city limits bar should be nice and busy before the gig.

...whoops just saw your last post!

Advertisement