Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question about self employment and getting a mortgage

Options
  • 06-11-2012 11:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 37

Hi all, Im self employed, childminder earning 15k per year (tax free, notified to revenue and pay prsi). On the advice of someone here six months or so ago we decided to wait another year to apply. Ill be three years + self employed when the time comes-sometime in the next year, always a steady income and turning away families at the min. The only things going through my current account are child benefit and payments from families. Should I still have a business account or will the current acc be ok? We want to give ourselves the best chance of approval, anything else I should do? Do I need accounts- I have the notifications from revenue, the only outgoings I have per year are prsi, insurance and registration with childminding ireland. We pay rent monthly for the past 4 years of 1200eu, and on top of this were saving approx 400 eu per month. Anything else we should be doing at this stage to increase our chances, I know itll be a struggle to try and get approval being self employed but want to do all we can to maximise chances. 2 kids, dont have to pay childcare as I do it myself. Partner earns 30k, steady job and there years. Will have 20k saved.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭StillWaters

I think you are doing everything right, and are in a good position. It would be no harm to keep accounts, they don't need to be audited or anything, just a simple double entry system. I think you can get an excel template from childminding Ireland for this purpose.

Advertisement