Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Lights

Options
  • 06-11-2012 11:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭

Anyone know when they're being turned on or who's doing it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Hopefully not until Christmas.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,224 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Thursday 15th November for Grafton Street and South William Street, 18th November for O'Connell Street and Henry Street.

According to VisitDublin.com anyway :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

I find it really annoying that they have them up already and are planning on lighting them so soon.

Soon the October-December months are going to merge into one big Chrisoweenmas festival where ghosts deliver presents to children who bob for turkey on Dec 25th and we all buy lots of things constantly for two months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

I find it really annoying that they have them up already and are planning on lighting them so soon.

Soon the October-December months are going to merge into one big Chrisoweenmas festival where ghosts deliver presents to children who bob for turkey on Dec 25th and we all buy lots of things constantly for two months.

You say that like its a bad thing :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

It's nothing new in fairness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Chocoholic84

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Hopefully not until Christmas.

<<<< After Hours is that way.

Thanks miamee for that!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,224 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

You're welcome :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Too late. Last week a house near me still had the Halloween decorations up, as did many. Fair enough, it's only 2 or 3 days after it. The house directly next door had the Christmas tree lit up in the corner of the room.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Jay D wrote: »
    It's nothing new in fairness.

Oh yeah I know. It's nothing new that it annoys me either. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Anyone know when they're being turned on or who's doing it?

Michael McIntyre is playing the point from 16th-19th Nov, so I will go for him to do Grafton Streen and Brown Thomas since its on the 15th

• Advertisement
Advertisement