Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pluggable Mains Transformer issue

Options
  • 06-11-2012 11:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭

Can anyone tell me if there is a device to prevent those Pluggable transformers from being pulled out from the wall. The transformer would be like that of a phone charger device.

In the US they have a pluggable transformer that you are able to screw in a retaining screw to the wall socket to prevent the transformer from being pulled out, like the one below. I know there is nothing regarding a socket that can be screwed in like the US version here in Ireland. Is there a bracket that can be added around the wall socket to hold the transformer in place ????...

The reason I ask is that regarding wireless alarm control panel (Simon XT from Ge) have to be plugged into the mains and also have a battery back up. I have had reports of AC power loss due to this power transformer being pulled out of the socket either intensionally or otherwise. Just trying to find a way to cancel this issue or reduce the reports im getting.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR1hZjVqF64niDRBXp-Gbv_Fiwe515h2XTNeXmUqhVvaE1tRSOvQQ

Advertisement