Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

HJC helmet sizing

• 06-11-2012 11:44am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭

Anyone have one of these brand helmets..just looking for some advice on sizing..ordering online so cant try on- it's for the missus and her head measures 54.5 cm.

According to HJC, XS is 53-54cm and S is 55-56 cm

So, is it safer to go with the XS, or if anyone knows if this brand are generally a smaller or bigger fit than the norm, or are they pretty much spot on? thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

cojomo2 wrote: »
    Anyone have one of these brand helmets..just looking for some advice on sizing..ordering online so cant try on- it's for the missus and her head measures 54.5 cm.

According to HJC, XS is 53-54cm and S is 55-56 cm

So, is it safer to go with the XS, or if anyone knows if this brand are generally a smaller or bigger fit than the norm, or are they pretty much spot on? thanks

Would only recommend that you try it on in a shop before you buy online. It might not even fit her properly in the correct size due to head/helmet shape.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

I have two different HJC helmets. I normally take a size L in every other helmet. With the HJC when I put on the L it was a wee bit on the tight side, but it "formed" to my noggin after a few months. I'd still be inclined to actually try one on though. Just in case.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭two wheels good

I have a HJC and a Shoei helmet. Both are S (small). So size and fit are comparable to Shoei ( in my limited experience).
    As mentioned, best to try it on. Maybe the helmet is the right size but the cheek pads are too tight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cojomo2

Ordered HJC FG15, annoyingly , the chin strap is not quick release(thought pretty much all helmets were!)..is got the 2 metal D rings instead...can this be converted to quick release? I'm guessing not..?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

Ordered HJC FG15, annoyingly , the chin strap is not quick release(thought pretty much all helmets were!)..is got the 2 metal D rings instead...can this be converted to quick release? I'm guessing not..?

I got caught out with that aswell when i bought a helmet.
    Its literally impossible to close or open if you are wearing gloves.

Although im told they are a fair bit safer as they wont just pull open.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

goodlad wrote: »
    I got caught out with that aswell when i bought a helmet.
    Its literally impossible to close or open if you are wearing gloves.

Although im told they are a fair bit safer as they wont just pull open.

The Double-D rings are standard on most helmets. They're far better than any of the quick-release systems. I've used both and prefer the Double-D TBH.

As for converting from one to the other, can't be done that I'm aware of.

Advertisement