Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insulation Offers

• 06-11-2012 11:50am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 431 ✭✭

Does anyone know of any places doing deals on rolls of insulation at the moment...

cheers...

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Does anyone know of any places doing deals on rolls of insulation at the moment...

cheers...

18 euro for 150mm Knauf Earthwool in Chadwicks and Heiton Buckleys

20 euro for the same in Arro/Ecc hardware.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51 ✭✭Villaines

B&q had knauf stuff on offer for €12 last sat week, by the Thurs it was €16 edlp.

Can anyone rate it with other similar products?

I was going to buy at 12 but they annoyed me by upping it to 16.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 431 ✭✭Diggerdunne

Cheers for that...Will have a look at the weekend....

Villaines wrote: »
    B&q had knauf stuff on offer for €12 last sat week, by the Thurs it was €16 edlp.

Can anyone rate it with other similar products?

I was going to buy at 12 but they annoyed me by upping it to 16.

Mixed and some unfavourable reviews on the B&Q insulation.

It seems to be very cheap material and fall to bits when rolling it out,according to people here who have tried it.

Knauf and Rockwool is very very good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭bombadil

Just finished installing earthwool in 2500sqft dormer yesterday... very pleased with the result.. even if I do say so myself! Earthwool is not nearly as itchy as previous fibreglass options... although I would still suggest mask and disposable overalls. The ammount of small glass fibres caught by the mask is a true eye opener:eek: .. dont take the chance.

Heitons selling Earthwool at 18euro a roll (6.6m2) buy ten get one free. Delivery and extra 10euro.. well worth it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭galwaydude18

What's everyone's opinions on using 50mm kingspan insulation to insulate the roof between the rafters in the attic?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭Audioslaven

What's everyone's opinions on using 50mm kingspan insulation to insulate the roof between the rafters in the attic?

I would put 100mm in between the joists and seal between the joists with expandable foam so that it leaves it pretty air tight. Leave 50mm between felt so it can breath. I would then slab over with 100mm foil backed insulation. I would insulate the hell out of this area as it is the coldest spot in the house. You could also look at an air tightness membrane

Or just do this,(bio foam open cell 800),cut it back level with the joists and then slab over it...if you are converting into a usable attic space.

DSCF9833.jpg

DSCF8156.jpg

DSCF8173.jpg

Advertisement