Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptops suitable for solidworks

Options
  • 06-11-2012 12:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi,
    I'm currently a student teacher studying metalwork and tech. graphics. I've managed to get by by not having to install solidworks on my laptop as it would probably be its COD! however, I now need to install it so a new laptop may be in order. Can anyone give me some advice? I'll need something that than can run it quite comfortably, without breaking the bank (budget of 600).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭NullZer0

Based on the system requirements here -
    http://www.solidworks.com/sw/support/SystemRequirements.html

Pretty much any "modern" machine would run it.
    http://komplett.ie have some good deals at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

ggmu wrote: »
    I'll need something that than can run it quite comfortably

Quad Core i7 processor and sh*tloads of memory. ;)
    ggmu wrote: »
    without breaking the bank (budget of 600).

While a laptop with the above specs will be hard enough to acquire with your budget, getting Solidworks-certified hardware is impossible. Pricing for laptops with business-grade graphics adapter starts north of 1,000 yoyos.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

At LD, the cheapest quad Core i7 (3610M) laptop with more than 4 GB RAM is this ASUS for €775.

At PCS, you can configure the Genesis IV with a Core i7 3630M and 8 GB RAM for £549/€686. Since you want to use it for design, you might be interested in a 1920x1080 display (adds £35).

Advertisement