Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Doubles from accumulator bet

Options
  • 06-11-2012 12:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Hi,

Can anyone explain to be how the following result would be calculated please.

Every now and again, I do an accumulator bet, say I do 10, and when given the option to bet, I can choose to bet on a double, from the 10 matches chosen. Obviously, this means, I only need 2 from the 10 matches chosen to be correct predictions for me to win.

What I want to know is, in the event that 8 out of the 10 are correct, which 2 would be the double that I'd be paid out on? If we say the odds are as follows;

Match 1: 10-1 (win)
    Match 2: 10-1 (win)
    Match 3: 5-1 (win)
    Match 4: 5-1 (lose)
    Match 5: 4-1 (win)
    Match 6: 3-1 (win)
    Match 7: 3-1 (lose)
    Match 8: 2-1 (win)
    Match 9: 2-1 (win)
    Match 10: 1-1 (win)

Which from the 8 winning predictions would I get paid out on? Or since I covered all the lines, would I get paid out on multiple double combinations?

Hope all that made sense.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

eamokeno wrote: »
    Hi,

Can anyone explain to be how the following result would be calculated please.

Every now and again, I do an accumulator bet, say I do 10, and when given the option to bet, I can choose to bet on a double, from the 10 matches chosen. Obviously, this means, I only need 2 from the 10 matches chosen to be correct predictions for me to win.

What I want to know is, in the event that 8 out of the 10 are correct, which 2 would be the double that I'd be paid out on? If we say the odds are as follows;

Match 1: 10-1 (win)
    Match 2: 10-1 (win)
    Match 3: 5-1 (win)
    Match 4: 5-1 (lose)
    Match 5: 4-1 (win)
    Match 6: 3-1 (win)
    Match 7: 3-1 (lose)
    Match 8: 2-1 (win)
    Match 9: 2-1 (win)
    Match 10: 1-1 (win)

Which from the 8 winning predictions would I get paid out on? Or since I covered all the lines, would I get paid out on multiple double combinations?

Hope all that made sense.

Thanks.
    You'd get paid out on the amount of double lines left on the bet. So for instance out of a 10 bet accumu there is, 48 lines of doubles but if ya miss out on two, ie 8, your down to 28 lines which should still give ya a decent return! Best way to see what you get is use any of the online calculators. PP have a good one..

• Registered Users Posts: 33 eamokeno

Hi Fowler,

Thanks for the reply. I had a feeling that was it, but, seemed a bit too easy to win money that way, if I was right. Cheers for clearing that up, I'll give that a go later on, see how I get on.

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭byronbay2

An accumulator requires every selection to win and is only 1 bet, no matter how many selections you have. On the other hand, with 10 selections, you would need to do 45 doubles to cover every combination i.e you would have a €1 bet on each double but the bet would cost you €45 to place.
    As Fowler87 says, if 8 of your 10 selections win you will have 28 winning bets out of 45, the losers being any of the 17 doubles that included one of your losing selections.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 eamokeno

Cheers Byron.

Advertisement