Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just feeling sorry my lil kitty...and me!

• 06-11-2012 1:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭

Hi all, just left our kitty in to get spayed this morning. Im sure all will be fine just feeling sorry for her! She was starving all mornng and looking at me thinking 'hey woman, wheres my breakfast??' , you're fasting! poor Tiger. Hopefully she'll be ok later on. Of course its the one day Ive to work late too so Im not even gonna get home to nurse her until 10! Husband at home though. Im such a saddo really!! its all for the good for her though, shes getting all injections too so she'll be free to be outside from now on if she wants!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 156 ✭✭Lucyn

If it's any consolation, I took the day off work when my little one went in to be neutured because I was too upset and worried about her!

She was fine. I made up a lovely snuggly bed for her but she didn't go near it. Just plonked herself down on the carpet with her back turned to me (sulking)and had a snooze.

It's still the same every year we go back for her annual vaccinations and check up. I get so stressed about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

She will be fine!! When I picked mine up from the vet she told me to make her something light to eat like scrambled egg. So I did. Cat looked at it and looked at me as if to say 'thats all you are giving me after what you have done to me'. Then demolished a dish of cat food! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭snowgal

aw thanks, yea I know she'll be grand just so attached to her! Will she be groggy or do they generally come round after abit? I presume we should keep her in for a while too. Ive loads of treats for her for later! I dont know why Im even so anxious with her, about everything. I go out and supervise her like a mother all the time! I had the most cuteiful cat for 15 years and never worried about her at all, though she was extraordinary! I think Im a born worrier. Anyway cant wait to get home later and snuggle her (if Im not in the bad books)

She'll be a bit drowsy and as it wears off will act like she's drunk! All wobbly and bambi-like. It's quite funny really. But I didn't let mine little one out of my sight all evening in case she bumped into anything etc. I left lots of bowls of water around for her to keep her hydrated. I wouldn't be too generous with the treats though in case she gets sick. I'd keep things plain and simple. Also gentle cuddles only on her terms. I found my little one was a bit cross with me so I gave her some space. She still wanted me in the same room with her though as she kept checking to make sure I was still there and then she'd go back for another snooze.

The hardest part was taking the adhesive bandage off a week later as my little princess is longhaired!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

snowgal wrote: »
    aw thanks, yea I know she'll be grand just so attached to her! Will she be groggy or do they generally come round after abit?

My 2 ran straight up a Christmas tree :D No grogginess in the slightest, if she's an outdoor kitty keep her in until stitches are out if you can. Don't worry she will be find, vets do hundreds if not thousands of these surgeries so there is really very little that can go wrong! :)

• Advertisement

well shes home and feeling very sorry for herself, understandable. but all ok, hubby is minding her in her blankie for now. Thanks all. now just have to keep an eye on stitches....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 583 ✭✭✭brrabus

snowgal wrote: »
    well shes home and feeling very sorry for herself, understandable. but all ok, hubby is minding her in her blankie for now. Thanks all. now just have to keep an eye on stitches....

Ahh, so sweet, know exactly how you feel, any time they have to go into the vet I pine, buy all sort of treats, they by now have it sussed, look pathetic and sad and they get lots of treats. I fall for it every time and have no problem with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

I remember when I sent my dog in to be neutered I sat at home all day watching DVDs on the verge of tears' waiting for the phonecall to come and pick him up. I'm the very same with any of them going under anaesthetic, hate it, but it has to be done.

well all was fine when I got home last night! It was strange actually. Husband was saying that she was on the couch and very shakey and wobbly and sleepy (expected that) when he left but when we got home after he collected me she was wired, like mad wired! She was absolutely soaked from being in the sink splashing and messing with the water that was on the plates and in cups. She put her head under the tap and was just generally insane! (now she loves water anyay but shes usually wary of it at the same time!) she was full of energy wanting to play with everything and she ate like a horse. She has never eaten that much before...she slept a lil during the night but in general everytime I woke she was just sat beside me looking at me, stalker! well shes in brill form despite everything, obvioculy every cat reacts differently....

well woke up today to find kitten had got sick a few times, not sure what thats about. I wonder if its anything to do with the other day. She was n great form up to this morning. She wouldnt eat anything for me today at all. Hopefully just a lil bug, Ill wait till this eve and see then...poor baby, tough few days

• Advertisement

poor thing is still sick. She has vomitted a few times today now and is not eating or drinking and just not feeling good at all. I think it might be back to the vets. Is it possible they could be sick after the spaying? She also got her 2nd lot of vaccanations so maybe all of that hasnt helped..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 838 ✭✭✭bluecherry74

She could be feeling a little sick after the unaesthetic, it cam make them a bit queasy for a day or two afterwards. I would give the vet a ring to be on the safe side. If she's not drinking she might be dehydrated.

Hope she improves soon! :)

my poor little angel is still not great. Im counting down the hours to get home to her. She seemed alot better last night but didnt eat, but was playing etc. then I woke at 5.30am with her and she was sick again, poor baby. Nothing since then though. She has since drank a good bit of water and had a little food for the first time since Wed night so thats good. and hubby was just home with her and said she was in good form. I rang the vet this morn and she said to bring her in this eve if I want to check. You see she did get spayed, 2nd vaccanation and wormed all in the one day on Wed so it might have been all that. Ill wait till I get home to decide about her....:(

Snowgal, I'm half afraid to ask but how is your lil kitty?

Really hope she's ok!

Hey Lucyn thanks for asking. She is much better since yesterday, thank god, was so worried. Brought her in to vets on Fri eve, they gave her anti vomitting and anti pain injection. Said it might take a while to get her to eat again. I was going around on sat with a plate of various nibbles trying to get her stomach going again. Eventually I cooked some fish for her and she had some. Then yesterday she was back in her usual flying form eating plenty and drinking and of course play play play!, so phew, all good! cheers

Advertisement