Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Didn't receive voting card

• 06-11-2012 1:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 329 ✭✭

Hello everyone,

I have yet to receive a voting card for the upcoming referendum. Everyone else in my household has, however.

I registered on Monday the 22nd of October as there was a drive being held at my university. Apparently, that Monday (or perhaps the Tuesday) was the deadline day for registering. I was told that the form that I filled and signed would be sent to the county council that day.

So my question is, should I bother turning up at my local polling station, or not? Also, are voting cards still being sent out? I've checked online at checktheregister.ie but couldn't find my name listed on it. (Note that the majority of the voting cards in my household have the addressee's name spelled incorrectly on it. (My name and family name is in Irish - seems like they can't handle this.. :mad:)

Thanks in advance..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭OmegaRed

Similar to yourself, I didn’t get a polling card. I moved address but my polling station is still the same.

I am pretty sure that if you go to the polling station (where you are registered) and bring ID (A passport would be best) they will let you vote. That’s what I am going to do but it would be good if a Boardie could advise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68 ✭✭peppa 1986

I have always received my polling card, but for some reason neither myself or my husband have not received them this time. My son, who never votes, received his. I'm sure if I go to polling station with passport they will allow me vote, but am wondering why did not receive card this time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭GoodisonPark

Check the online register first.
    If you are not on it you wont be allowed to vote.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41,118 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

go to www.checktheregister.ie to check

Once you are registered you should be able to turn with id and vote

OP you might or not be on the supplementary register - ring your county council and ask them are you on the supplementary register

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭OmegaRed

Just checked mine and I am on the register. I'll print that out and bring it along with ID too. thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 329 ✭✭Cathalog

go to www.checktheregister.ie to check

Once you are registered you should be able to turn with id and vote

OP you might or not be on the supplementary register - ring your county council and ask them are you on the supplementary register

thanks for your post. I never knew that there was a "supplementary register" until you mentioned it.

I received a letter in the post today letting me know that I am indeed on supplementary register! Apparently, there was a problem with the printing of polling cards, so they're just sending letters out to the affected people.

Advertisement