Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Curiosity - iOS game

• 06-11-2012 1:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭

Has anyone downloaded Curiosity? It is a new game from Peter Molyneux. Although not sure if 'game' is the right description. Seems like an interesting concept. Everyone sees the same cube with the app and everyone chips away at the outer layers. But only one person will discover what is in the centre. At least that is my understanding.

I've only chopped away at a few blocks myself. I'll be interested in seeing what happens.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

It's not just iOS, just downloaded it from the Android Play Store too.
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/developer?id=22cans

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,636 ✭✭✭Thud

bit about it at the end of this article...wonder will the hype build up as the size gets smaller

http://www.wired.com/gamelife/2012/10/ff-peter-molyneux/all/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,711 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Reminds me of this video.

BTW I'm player #55,280 :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭Sarn

It seems a bit buggy. Lost all of my coins when I linked my FB account and then it just hangs (on iOS).

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,560 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

From Eurogamer:

Actually I'll link it since it's kind of NSFW

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A6_lBlDCAAAZBam.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,560 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

• Registered Users Posts: 18,178 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Kinda pissed was up to 250k coins and it reset for some reason? Wanted to buy a pickaxe

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,542 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I am player 191,006 or something.

Although now stuck with connection errors.

Still, seems like people really are curious. So they proved something, I guess. Possibly that Peter Molyneux can't release a non-buggy anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

i installed this today but i thought i would be able to see other peoples work on it but it was very blank when i scrolled around the cube. is it supposed to be like that?

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    i installed this today but i thought i would be able to see other peoples work on it but it was very blank when i scrolled around the cube. is it supposed to be like that?
    I think their server is overloaded, because yet another layer has been removed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Honestly surprised people are playing this. If it wasn't Molyneux no one would touch it. Really, what's going to be at the end? **** all.

My money will be on something like Black and White 3 advert with a gif in the background of Peter lolling his ass off.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Are there any rules on how to get a higher score?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,853 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

So... some lucky git just became a god(dess) with mod powers, AND a royalty earner in Molyneux' new game?

That's pretty cool actually.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

On an interview with Game Informer:
    How long have you been playing Curiosity? How often did you play?

I downloaded the game only about an hour before I won, so I feel a little bad.

Lucky bastard :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Peter Molineux is such a pretentious imp. Whole lot of fuss over nothing, but it worked ... he's got the attention.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,341 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

More Molineux nonsense. The whole thing was a glorified advert for his Goddus game kickstarter.

Advertisement