Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

M&S Suit - Washing at home

• 06-11-2012 3:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭

Just a random question:

I have an M&S suit and wanna wash it. I was expecting to have to bring it to the dry cleaners but it actually says that it can be washed at 30degrees (its 63% polyester, 33% viscose). Does anyone wash their suits at home? And if so have you any tips for doing so eg for keeping the shoulder pads intact etc? I would like to avoid dry cleaning if possible to save money!

Thanks!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭lorebringer

If it says it can be washed at home then there is no problem in washing it in a regular machine. My OH has a suit jacket from M&S, and several suit pants, that have been washed several time in our machine and still look good as new. The shoulder pads didn't go all funny and I just dried the jacket on a coat hanger to keep the shape.

Just a quick note - fabric softner is more than likely not needed as it could leave a flim on the outside of the fabric (considering it is all synthetic) and if it is a dark colour it may be a good idea to use a detergent that is colour safe (usually in a purple box/bottle!).

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭jendafer1

Thanks lorebringer! I'm gonna throw it in now then - thanks for the fabric softner tip :)

Advertisement