Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPhone deleting contacts

• 06-11-2012 3:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭

I've had an iPhone for a couple of years. Just before I upgraded, my 3GS started to delete some contacts. I upgraded to 4S and since I have it it's doing the same thing. For example, I added a new contact this morning. About 3 hours later, it was gone. This is the 2nd time I've added this contact. This happens with several contacts on a regular basis. Ive taken to backing up new contacts in my notes. Can anyone shed some light?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

Could it be syncing wirelessly and being over written by the cloud or your desktop version by default ?

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭HungryFish

Piliger wrote: »
    Could it be syncing wirelessly and being over written by the cloud or your desktop version by default ?

I have no idea. I thought the phone was supposed to update cloud, not the other way around...?

HungryFish wrote: »
    I have no idea. I thought the phone was supposed to update cloud, not the other way around...?

It depends on how you set it up, or whether it is syncing with your iTunes on your desktop, and how you set that up. You should not be using services without learning how they work first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Set phone to synce with icloud contacts.
    That way when you create a contact on phone it syncs automatically up to the cloud. Or maybe you have to sync manually first.
    Cloud is usually master and phone slave.

I always use google contacts so haven't done this icloud stuff in a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭HungryFish

It depends on how you set it up, or whether it is syncing with your iTunes on your desktop, and how you set that up. You should not be using services without learning how they work first.

I know how they work. I don't use iTunes on my computer and as I said, I have had an iPhone for a few years. One day, for no particular reason, this starts happening. I was only wondering if anyone else had had this problem.

• Advertisement

Is there more than one Group of Contacts set up on the Phone ? Have you ever done a full Search (from the first page swiped right) for one of the names that disappeared ?

Just read an article that may be related ... ?

http://macgroup.org/blog/2012/11/15/11221/

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭uberalles

Just read an article that may be related ... ?

http://macgroup.org/blog/2012/11/15/11221/

My god I cant believe how complicated that URl was. Where is my dusty Filofax ?

Advertisement