Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stone Roses - Summer 2013

Options
  • 06-11-2012 3:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭

Anyone heading to any of the announced shows so far? I have tickets to Glasgow Green and I can't wait.

I'm assuming they will have new material by then? I'd be disappointed if they didn't... although, saying that, to hear their debut in full again simply couldn't disappoint!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

Surely an Irish gig is on the cards?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Temaz wrote: »
    Surely an Irish gig is on the cards?

Doubt it , they already did 2 last summer .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

Doubt it , they already did 2 last summer .

It was in the star last week that they're been tipped to do oxegen? Dunno if that seems likely myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

davywalsh7 wrote: »
    It was in the star last week that they're been tipped to do oxegen? Dunno if that seems likely myself.

That sounds ****e.

Was hoping for an indoor gig but looks like not to be unfortunately

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

The Star said so? Lol.

• Advertisement

karaokeman wrote: »

The Star said so? Lol.

There was an article in the music section of the star last week saying that the stone roses are hotly tipped for oxegen next year. I didn't say I believed it or didn't say this is def happening. I'm just passing on what I read. Take from it what you will

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

There was an article in the music section of the star last week saying that the stone roses are hotly tipped for oxegen next year. I didn't say I believed it or didn't say this is def happening. I'm just passing on what I read. Take from it what you will

Ah yea I get what ya mean.

I'd just be extra cautious of believing anything in The Star after the Herald falsely alleged Coldplay would play Slane this year.

Think the Stone Roses would be better suited to EP though, my bets on Oxegen headliners are with Green Day, KOL and Black Keys.

I'd just be extra cautious of believing anything in The Star after the Herald falsely alleged Coldplay would play Slane this year.

Think the Stone Roses would be better suited to EP though, my bets on Oxegen headliners are with Green Day, KOL and Black Keys.

Dont think Black Keys are big enough to headline , maybe next album if its bigger then El Camino

Yea I took what I read with a pinch of salt. Stone roses would def be better suited to elec picnic but oxegen have a horrible habit of snappin up "ep" type bands and wasting them at oxegen. Hope I'm wrong tho. Stone roses would be amazing at elec picnic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

EP would be great. I'm not sure if they will play Ireland again. Would they play in an indoor date at The Point maybe?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭jimosterberg

Stone Roses would cost too much for EP. If they're playing a festival in Ireland it will surely be Oxegen or its equivalent

Stone Roses would cost too much for EP. If they're playing a festival in Ireland it will surely be Oxegen or its equivalent

Sure if they could afford The Killers id say they could afford the Roses

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭cometogether

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

got a ticket for glasgow green myself!

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭paulmcgrath

confirmation johnny marr will be supporting in london!

jack.

pot.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

Ah feck. Get rid of The View in Glasgow and bring in Johnny promoters!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

confirmation johnny marr will be supporting in london!

jack.

pot.

Delighted with this.

I've tickets for the Saturday night. Going to be my fourth time seeing them in just under 12 months!!

The View are banging!

Anyone have a spare ticket for Glasgow green?

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭paulmcgrath

I think unfortunately I won't be able to go to the London Saturday Night Gig (8th June).

:(

Any one interested in a pair?

If anyone knows of a spare ticket for Glasgow green on the 15th June... pm me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 BohsMeerkat

Was at the gig in Finsbury Park and have to say it was quality, a good bit better than the one in the Pheno last year :)

Advertisement