Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

American Football team

Options
  • 06-11-2012 3:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭

Would anybody be interested in an American football team in the college

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭ZonarySonic

So would anybody want to play?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 155 ✭✭jay92

Good idea, Id be up for that...watch it but I know **** all about the plays etc

Ha that's a start one other player we just need to keep generating interest we would need to find someone to train a team and plays we could design simple plays to begin with
    jay92 wrote: »
    Good idea, Id be up for that...watch it but I know **** all about the plays etc

• Registered Users Posts: 31,915 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I remember when I was in Cratloe, there was at least 10 guys with an American Football playing on the big green area. It was some like Tag American Football...

Mars Bar wrote: »
    I remember when I was in Cratloe, there was at least 10 guys with an American Football playing on the big green area. It was some like Tag American Football...

I would like to try see could we get a team to enter the IAFL leagues

• Advertisement

Best of luck with it!

Ha that's a start one other player we just need to keep generating interest we would need to find someone to train a team and plays we could design simple plays to begin with

Haha yeah thats two of us then and a mate of mine, but hes not in college I wouldnt think that matters to be honest... Wonder could we get any of the guys coaching the vikings in u.l to train down here?

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭ELJeff

You're reaching less then 5% of the population (rough guess) advertising it here, put posters up in the college and get an email sent around, it will be more effective

Oh ya I was just seeing here if anybody from the college that uses the site might be Interested there is a big enough campus population that surely 30-40 guys would play

Oh ya I was just seeing here if anybody from the college that uses the site might be Interested there is a big enough campus population that surely 30-40 guys would play

yeah surely..stick up a notice so in the street... better start hitting the gym hard so i guess

• Advertisement

The start (hopefully) of the L.I.T Lions :-)

I know I was just suggesting, I'm mad interested to play, love the game! :)

It would be nice to have a college team local rivalry with UL too :-)

Go up to the Student Union and the sports department. See if they will help ye out!

Ya might go up tomorrow and see what they think

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Engine No.9

Im gonna be starting back in Sept next after deferring this year. always loved the game. wanted to play as a kid. would love to get involved. pushing on a bit tho.

pajopearl wrote: »
    Im gonna be starting back in Sept next after deferring this year. always loved the game. wanted to play as a kid. would love to get involved. pushing on a bit tho.

Doesnt matter bout age man. Most teams in ireland are company team there only 2 college teams i think. But age doesn;t matter if we could get it organised the more people that play the better =)

Does anyone know any one in the sports section of the students union?

I don't know of them but I know the "office" is right across from the counter in the SU building (unless things have changed since May 2011!).

Will try call up tomorrow if i get some free time during the day =) I would love approval for this I love watching it and really want to play =)

• Advertisement

I have emailed the su president to see what steps need to be taken to see of this is even a possibility

I have emailed the su president to see what steps need to be taken to see of this is even a possibility

Good, keep us posted bro

We will have to go to the students union to find out which steps we will need to take. Also I was think that we should work on a proposal to present to people if we want them to understand more about it. Can anyone recommend things we should put in a proposal. I was thinking an overview with the rules and maybe an early design of a jersey and cost involved with pads and equipment we might need. Can anyone else recommend other titles.

I think the proposal should be less about the game and more about the benefits for the college and everything and anything about money. After all, it's budgets that seem to worry them most.

Mars Bar wrote: »
    I think the proposal should be less about the game and more about the benefits for the college and everything and anything about money. After all, it's budgets that seem to worry them most.

Ya I was thinking we could follow the UL system from what u hear the players buy there own jersey and pants, cup, boots and gloves(if a player wants to wear gloves) and the college supply the helmet and pads. Which would be in use for years of course. Any other suggestions?

YOu will need to give an outline of training, when where, and who will be training the team.

Id suggest planning an annual limerick cup to create an atmosphere for the team by playing UL. this will set a goal and also has a bit of rivalry.

Do what the soccer team does, they give out sponsorship cards at the start of every school ear to raise money which in turn pays for gear.

Sorry I haven't been on in awhile guys I think I will look into this alot more after Xmas exams and study are occupying my mind at the mommet

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭Arrow in the Knee

So whats the news?

Totally dead thread now but it didn't work out as I was emailing constantly and no replies and little help when I did get a response

• Advertisement
Advertisement