Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Music Files on Mobile Phone

Options
  • 06-11-2012 4:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I have a Sony Ericsson Vivaz Mobile Phone to which I have added a 32GB Micro SD card. When I transfer music to the card the music only shows up in MENU - ORGANISER - FILE MGR - E: MUSIC CARD. It will play here but NOT in MENU - MEDIA - MUSIC. What am I doing wrong?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

Can you see the files being listed in music player?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 aidanbrennan

No they aren't listed in MUSIC.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

No they aren't listed in MUSIC.

You may need to set up your preferences in your music player so that it checks for music in folders other than the default location in the phone memory.

Open your music player and look for a 'settings' or 'preferences' option. In there should be an option for specifying new directories containing music.

Like for example, I have PowerAmp on my phone. When I press Menu -> Settings -> Folders and Libraries, I can specify a directory manually or I can just scan for new music.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 aidanbrennan

Thanks for help in resolving that issue. Another problem has arisen. I have added music to the micro sd card and the track listing, name etc shows up correctly on the card when viewed on my PC. However when the card is put in the phone the "Artist" is not listed and all the songs (the titles of which are still listed) are lumped into an "Unknown" folder. Music still plays but is not organised properly. Any solution?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Check "Album Artist" tag is populated.

http://mkoby.com/2007/02/18/artist-versus-album-artist/

• Advertisement
Advertisement