Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Price for cutting 8x4 sheets

Options
  • 06-11-2012 4:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭

Hi all, i have a few ideas i want to try out but no space for a panel saw. How much would i expect to pay per 8x4 sheet for someone to cut them for me?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭galwaydude18

bizzyb wrote: »
    Hi all, i have a few ideas i want to try out but no space for a panel saw. How much would i expect to pay per 8x4 sheet for someone to cut them for me?

Where are you based?

Circular saw and a straight edge, job done

Look on YouTube, it's where I learned how to do it

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭bizzyb

DaCor wrote: »
    Circular saw and a straight edge, job done

Look on YouTube, it's where I learned how to do it
    Cheers for that, i will have a look.

Cheers for that, i will have a look.

I might be able to do it for you

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

I might be able to do it for you

Do you realize how many times you say that on boards.ie?????

You can never just answer a question.

You allways pursue and stalk the person just to try and get work out of them.

Give it a rest for god sake.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Pinky123

B and Q have a free cutting service if you buy product from them. Know you might be able to pick up sheets cheaper but the lads in the store will rip them down to any of your dimensions.
    HTH

I was charged 30 euro per sheet for supply and cutting of an 18mm thick sheet of 8 x 4 WPB ply during the summer.

That was from a wood supply/cutting shop in Coolock Industrial Estate in Dublin.

The chap cut the wood to "my measurements" on a giant table saw.

paddy147 wrote: »

Do you realize how many times you say that on boards.ie?????

You can never just answer a question.

You allways pursue and stalk the person just to try and get work out of them.

Give it a rest for god sake.

What are you paddy? The Internet police? How times have you told people to go to ikea for not a lot of euros?

What are you paddy? The Internet police? How times have you told people to go to ikea for not a lot of euros?

Im not the internet police at all.

But you keep on following people and looking/hounding and shilling for work off them.

Its like you stalk people on the Home And Garden Forum and you keep on asking and posting ..."where do you live"...and..... "I can do it for you".

Classic example being this very thread.....yet again.

So you are carpenter,thats great,but you aint the only carpenter on boards.ie.

But you are only one to keep on posting like this.No one else is posting like you are.

Give it a rest.

Go and place an advert on adverts.ie or on donedeal if you are looking for work.

Paddy this thread isn't for you to police boards! Your not a mod so mind your own business. I have pm'd bizzyb many times and wanted to know where he is based because if he's not far away I would cut it for free!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,570 ✭✭✭✭looksee

B&Q do an excellent job of cutting big sheets that you buy there. If you plan your cutting and have precise information of how you want it cut it can work out very inexpensive - they do the first 4 (I think its 4) cuts free.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭kadman

@paddy147 and galwaydude, Play nice please:)

I,m the only internet police here, either of you have to listen to at the moment, as well as the other mods.:D

galwaydude, might be an idea if you stick to pm,s if you intend to offer your services to an individual poster from now on, or stick to the exact question asked by the op, and take it from there.

paddy147, point taken, but maybe if a post gets up your nose, report it to a mod, so as to keep the thread on topic for the original poster.

:)

kadman

Thanks Kadman.:)

kadman wrote: »
    @paddy147 and galwaydude, Play nice please:)

I,m the only internet police here, either of you have to listen to at the moment, as well as the other mods.:D

galwaydude, might be an idea if you stick to pm,s if you intend to offer your services to an individual poster from now on, or stick to the exact question asked by the op, and take it from there.

paddy147, point taken, but maybe if a post gets up your nose, report it to a mod, so as to keep the thread on topic for the original poster.

:)

kadman

Cheers kadman! Ledgend as always!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,990 ✭✭✭tabby aspreme

If you have 500 € or so to spare you could get a festo plunge saw and guide rail, there good for cutting up sheet stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭bizzyb

Paddy this thread isn't for you to police boards! Your not a mod so mind your own business. I have pm'd bizzyb many times and wanted to know where he is based because if he's not far away I would cut it for free!

Thanks galwaydude that is sound of you but i am sorted for now thanks.
    Did you get that pm i sent you a while back about that guy looking for an installer?

Advertisement