Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rumour going around Optimus will be joining Vader...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭DBK

Yeah, massive rumour.

Wonder if this happens will they sack Bay and actually churn out a watchable live action Transformer flick? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭ChopShop

I would hope at least the film franchise would change significantly if Disney bought them out.

This time last year, the idea would've horrified me.

But Hasbro's plan to turn themselves into some sort of media property giant w/o Paramount has stalled and splutted... and they keep repeating the same mistakes over and over again, expecting something to give.

If nothing else, i might suggest that Disney would give Hasbro the ability to create a more popular media w/o Paramount.

I've a picture in my head of Bumblebee replacing Simba in THAT scene from the Lion King were he's shown to the rest of the animals.

Man, I hate movie Bumblebee

^ I used to hate him, in part because i saw him as displacing Hound, who i found much easier to relate to.

But since 2007.......it's so easy to hate Bumblebee, there's almost no sport in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭MarkHall

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Just because Disney own it doesn't mean it's gonna be cutsey and crap. After all, one of Disney's companies made Punisher Warzone.
    If we could get a Transformers movie on a par in terms of quality with the Avengers movie I'd be all for it.

Yeah right now, Hasbro are probably looking at the success of Avengers and wondering how they can somehow copy that and create a yr where they actually match their ludicrous expectations for Transformers.

I think a lot of people expected Disney would wield much tighter creative reins on Marvel....

Although to turn this on it's head a bit.. when do the licenses for Star Wars and Marvel run out?

Suppose Disney decided Hasbro weren't cutting it, and the licenses for both went elsewhere... Would it park Hasbro firmly up **** creek?

Seems it's a dead rumour now. Hasbro have denied talks. But then again, this probably means they've signed the dotted line :P

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

wernstrom! wrote: »
    Yeah right now, Hasbro are probably looking at the success of Avengers and wondering how they can somehow copy that and create a yr where they actually match their ludicrous expectations for Transformers.

I think a lot of people expected Disney would wield much tighter creative reins on Marvel....

Although to turn this on it's head a bit.. when do the licenses for Star Wars and Marvel run out?

Suppose Disney decided Hasbro weren't cutting it, and the licenses for both went elsewhere... Would it park Hasbro firmly up **** creek?

A lot of people were saying this is why it's in Hasbro's best interests to allow the buy out...

Advertisement