Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If you bought veg at tesco today...

Options
  • 06-11-2012 4:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭

check your receipt! I was overcharged for all veg by more than double, as the scales at the till overweighed them by a large amount. It's a tricky one to notice on your receipt, only for I realised that one potato couldn't possibly weigh nearly a kilo.
    Phoned the shop and they acknowledged that one till was weighing incorrectly. There'll be a lot of people out of pocket today:mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

Yup, they're at it all the time.

I was charged for 4kg of garlic at Joyces (I bought 4 bulbs).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭planetX

only solution is to use self-service, and test out the scales using something with a printed weight on the packet. Never thought I'd need to be this paranoid:mad::mad::mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Which Tesco was this? If it was the one on the Headford Road you'd be better off buying your veg in the fresh fruit and veg place outside the shopping centre or in Terryland Fruit and Veg.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Souds like Tesco and joyces staff mistaking price for weight for price for unit.

IE: You were charged for 1kg of spuds when you bought you 1 spud, 4kg of garlic when you bought 4 bulbs...

I doubt Tesco or Joyces are actually trying to rip people off.

Call them, talk to a manager and let them know it's happening, if they are have way sound they will offer a refund.

Seaneh wrote: »
    Souds like Tesco and joyces staff mistaking price for weight for price for unit.

IE: You were charged for 1kg of spuds when you bought you 1 spud, 4kg of garlic when you bought 4 bulbs...

I doubt Tesco or Joyces are actually trying to rip people off.

Call them, talk to a manager and let them know it's happening, if they are have way sound they will offer a refund.

No - the scale operated by a check out person completely overweighed everything, I was charged for 400g mushrooms, when in fact it weighed 100g. And same multiples for every other veg.
    And I'm not saying they were trying to rip anyone off - however, unless you check your receipt and notice this you won't have the chance of a refund, which is why I posted. There must have been 100s people who passed through that till and will probably never know.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Forest Demon

Never seems to under weigh them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Forest Demon

planetX wrote: »
    No - the scale operated by a check out person completely overweighed everything, I was charged for 400g mushrooms, when in fact it weighed 100g. And same multiples for every other veg.
    And I'm not saying they were trying to rip anyone off - however, unless you check your receipt and notice this you won't have the chance of a refund, which is why I posted. There must have been 100s people who passed through that till and will probably never know.

I am sure they will they look at the club cards and contact the people and let them know......... NOT

• Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Why
    Would any of you buy fruit and veg in tesco?? The fruit and veg is ****e quality, I used to be a fruit and veg wholesaler in Kildare area trust me also and lidl are great quality fruit and veg and are cheaper by a country mile.

Part of reason my family's fruit and veg business died was because what huge shops had started dropping prices of fruit and veg to.

Why
    Would any of you buy fruit and veg in tesco?? The fruit and veg is ****e quality, I used to be a fruit and veg wholesaler in Kildare area trust me also and lidl are great quality fruit and veg and are cheaper by a country mile.

Part of reason my family's fruit and veg business died was because what huge shops had started dropping prices of fruit and veg to.

I'm hardly keeping anyone in business with my one potato, and handful of other stuff. I hate that the supermarkets have killed the local businesses, but I don't have the money to have any choice.
    And Lidl isn't cheaper for most of my shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭dantbyhid

Why anyone would buy veg in Tesco when there is an amazing Veg stall/shop at the front of the shopping centre is beyond me. Unless you are shopping late in the evening/at night of course.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Seaneh wrote: »

I doubt it, it's all automatic isn't it, they weigh the stuff and it's sent to the till so there's no room for human error. The other thing is I'd assume these tills are regularly calibrated to make sure they are not under weighing the products. Scales do lose calibration over time.

It's something that's so well monitored (I'm assuming) that it would seem to make a mistake like that would almost have to be deliberate.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,161 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

dantbyhid wrote: »
    Why anyone would buy veg in Tesco when there is an amazing Veg stall/shop at the front of the shopping centre is beyond me. Unless you are shopping late in the evening/at night of course.
    That fellas stuff is ridiculously expensive compared to anywhere else.

Advertisement