Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying SQL Server 2012 Developer Edition

Options
  • 06-11-2012 5:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know where I can the Developer Edition of SQL Server 2012 ?

Doesn't seem to be anywhere online that will ship here.

Bricks and mortar in Dublin preferred if possible ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,501 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

Don't know about b&m but you can get it on amazon.

• Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭Páid

Might not be what you need but you can get web edition for free if you join Microsoft websitespark or bizspark.

SQL Server 2012 Web Edition (x86 and x64) - DVD (English)

Is the Express edition not enough for your needs?

http://www.microsoft.com/sqlserver/en/us/editions/2012-editions/express.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

It comes with Visual Studio express (free) I think, is this what you mean by developer edition? Therefore you don't need to spend money at all. Also (as above post) there is a SQL Server express edition for free.

Hey boss I can sell it to you on a dvd for a score?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Talk to Micromail http://www.micromail.ie/

• Administrators Posts: 53,753 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

srsly78 wrote: »
    It comes with Visual Studio express (free) I think, is this what you mean by developer edition? Therefore you don't need to spend money at all. Also (as above post) there is a SQL Server express edition for free.

Hey boss I can sell it to you on a dvd for a score?
    Developer edition = enterprise edition that is license limited (i.e. cannot be used on production).

• Advertisement
Advertisement