Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aother cheesecake question

Options
  • 06-11-2012 5:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,947 ✭✭✭

Thanks to everyone here, my Baileys Orange Truffle cheesecake last weekend was turned out brilliantly - better than I could have hoped and I can't wait to do it again.

In the interim, and seeing as I've now mastered the art of cooking a cheesecake :p I wanted to try some different flavours. I'm going to go for a baked white chocolate Malteser raspberry cheesecake, so basically a white chocolate cheesecake with some raspberry coulis and crushed white Maltesers mixed in.

My question revolves around additional flavouring. I'm going to add some vanilla extract to the cheesecake mix, but I was thinking about adding some cinnamon to the biscuit base - not much, just a hint. Would this be too many flavours? I think vanilla & cinnamon would compliment each other, as long as they're not overpowering and both should work quite well with the cheesecake mix.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭El.duderino

How about some mint,citrus or honey to go along with your cinna/vanilla cheescake!

Shakes hand*Damn main page reading odd questions*

• Registered Users Posts: 6,947 ✭✭✭SuprSi

How about some mint,citrus or honey to go along with your cinna/vanilla cheescake!

Shakes hand*Damn main page reading odd questions*

Heh, honey maybe but if I think cinnamon might over-flavour it the other things you've mentioned definitely will!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Magic Monkey

Powdered ginger, or gingernut biscuits may be nice, as ginger goes well with your ingredients. A fun way of putting your ideas into practise is to spread a gingernut with some cream cheese, and top with some white chocolate, white malteser and a fresh raspberry. Pop it in your mouth and see how they interact. Not an exact science, but it may prove useful.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,947 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Powdered ginger, or gingernut biscuits may be nice, as ginger goes well with your ingredients. A fun way of putting your ideas into practise is to spread a gingernut with some cream cheese, and top with some white chocolate, white malteser and a fresh raspberry. Pop it in your mouth and see how they interact. Not an exact science, but it may prove useful.

That's a great idea actually, I hadn't thought of trying it out like that. And you're right, ginger should work really well with the original ingredients. Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

I put a few heaped tablespoons of ovaltine into the base of my malteasers cheesecake for extra malty goodness

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 seahorse61

Does anybody know of a restaurant or cafe in Dublin city that serves non-baked cheesecake? They all seem to just do the baked variety.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Hi seahorse61, welcome to Boards. You'd be more likely to get helpful replies in the Dublin City forum since your question is area specific.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

SuprSi wrote: »
    I'm going to add some vanilla extract to the cheesecake mix, but I was thinking about adding some cinnamon to the biscuit base - not much, just a hint. Would this be too many flavours? I think vanilla & cinnamon would compliment each other, as long as they're not overpowering and both should work quite well with the cheesecake mix.

Why not try ginger nut biscuits, not quite cinnamon but ginger works with a lot of desserts, specifically cheesecake!

Advertisement