Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scopetronic vista 5

Options
  • 06-11-2012 5:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi i was asked to look at an alarm scopetronic vista 5 that was installed in a house 15 years ago.Does anyone know how to partset and inhibit pirs or does anyone know where i can download the manual.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Should be taking them out at this stage. Its a lot more than 15 years since I installed them.;)
    Sending you the manual now. Any problems give me a shout.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

Koolkid have a bit of respect for a classy panel.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 markaudia4

Hi, I was wondering if anyone had a copy of the manual for the Scopetronic Vista 5 alarm?

Many thanks,

Mark.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

PMed you that manual. Hope it helps.
    If you get stuck you know where we are.

Colm,

Thanks so much for the manual. Much appreciated!

The system is installed in my grandmothers house and the alarm went off recently and my girlfriend disconnected the power to it in order to silence the alarm. It is installed in the house since before my grandmother moved in over 9 years ago and has never been used according to her. I am hoping to be able to reprogram the system as we will be away for a few weeks and would like to have the system operational for her in our absence. I do not have any idea of what the code currently is. I am hoping it might be possible to do a hard reset or reprogram a new code using the engineer access code?

Many thanks for the manual.

• Advertisement

Try the default method of powering the system down completely & removing the factory link & power back up.
    If that doesn't work it may be engineer locked.

Thanks so much for the tip.

Will be trying this tonight when I get over to the house.

Fingers crossed its not engineer locked.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 denis64

Looking for the manual myself, i need to alter the sensitivity on the window sensors on my parents alarm. Any advice would be welcome!

I PMed you that manual Denis. If you need any help you know where we are.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7 denis64

Thanks Koolkid for replying so quickly. Hopefully this will help me get it sorted! Much appreciated

• Advertisement

Your welcome Denis. If you need anything give us a shout .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭jpfahy

I would appreciate a copy of the manual too please!!

PMed you that...;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Bridget_

Hi,

I'm looking for a manual for Scopetronic Vista 5. Its for my aunts, they've recently moved into a new house! :)

Sent you that. Hope it helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Funnyonion79

Hi Koolkid,

Could I get that manual off you as well please? I've moved into a house that has one of these alarms as well and it keeps going off when we set it and leave the house, even though nothing seems to be setting it off.

I wonder would it be worth changing the battery in it..? Any advice welcome :)

I sent you that manual.
    What number is showing up when you disarm the system after it activates?
    That will correspond to a zone. You will need to check the resistance on that zone to find the fault.
    There's more information on how to do this in this thread http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2056655452
    See post 9..

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Funnyonion79

Thanks Koolkid - much appreciated.

It flashes up as A2 and this is still flashing on the display, despite the alarm not having been set in weeks.

A2 seems to indicate a problem with one of the sensors. This alarm is donkeys' years old so I think I'll get someone out to have a look. I had a read through that link you posted but I don't know what resistors are etc

Thanks anyway for your help!

There are no resistors in that system so you can just connect a meter directly to the pair you disconnect from the panel.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 mithrandir

Hi Koolkid,

Can I also get a copy of that manual please? I have the same alarm which went off 3 times last night as the power very briefly went out a few times. It gave the code PF so I guess the battery just needs replacing? Do you know if I kill the power to the mains and then disconnect the old battery will all the old settings (including the alarm code) get reset to factory default? If so, what do I do? There is a 5 digit code on a sticker inside the door of the unit which I guess is the engineer code but I'm lost without the manual.

Thanks in advance.

• Advertisement

PMed you that

Thanks for that. I tried that "engineer code" I found but it does nothing. Am I right in saying that when I disconnect from the main and disconnect the battery that it will need to be reprogrammed or do you know if it should retain all of these settings?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

mithrandir wrote: »
    Thanks for that. I tried that "engineer code" I found but it does nothing. Am I right in saying that when I disconnect from the main and disconnect the battery that it will need to be reprogrammed or do you know if it should retain all of these settings?

If you down power the system it will retain the systems settings.
    If you down power the system and remove the LK1 link it will default back to default settings.
    This will mean the system will need to be set up again.
    If F3 appears the system has being engineer locked and will not default this way.

PF refers to a power fail on the system.

Thanks Altor, I presume I am seeing PF because the mains failed (albeit very briefly) and the battery has no charge to keep the system up? The battery is at least 3 years old (since we moved in) but probably a lot older.

Thanks Altor, I presume I am seeing PF because the mains failed (albeit very briefly) and the battery has no charge to keep the system up? The battery is at least 3 years old (since we moved in) but probably a lot older.

That is more than likely the issue. You wont need to default the system to replace the battery. Turn off the mains going to the control panel, When you open the systems control panel it will activate. Put in your user code to disarm. If the battery is completely dead the system will turn off. The battery replacement would be a 12V 7 amp. Available on the suppliers list here.

Great, thanks for the help.

Great, thanks for the help.

Your welcome, always happy to help :D

Is there an installation company name on the system. ?
    If so PM me it. I may be able to source the code for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 dikiedavis

hi sorry to bother you koolkid,i have a scopetronic vista 5 alarm, donkeys old I know!! front door contact has stopped working, even when alarm is set I can open the door and walk in and alarm wont activate,only wen I go upstairs and activate pir the alarm activates,so Im wondering would a hkc or similar door contact do as replacement ?? any help would be great cheers

• Advertisement

Any standard alarm contact will work with this.

Advertisement