Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scopetronic vista 5

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 CBF

I've just moved into a new house with a scopetronic homeguard alarm. The previous owners didn't know the code and I'm hoping to be able to use the alarm (neighbour broken into over the weekend) Can anyone advise of the engineers code or where to get it? Thanks.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Engineer code may have been set by the installer. I'll send you over the manual to take a look over.

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭stuartkee

This panel does not meet the insurance company requirements as it is IS199 current standard is EN 50131 and to get the insurance discount and be complaint with your policy so not worth the trouble or effort .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

stuartkee wrote: »
    This panel does not meet the insurance company requirements as it is IS199 current standard is EN 50131 and to get the insurance discount and be complaint with your policy so not worth the trouble or effort .

How long have insurance companies changed their requirements, have they moved on from the forms stating IS199 / EN50131, I mean its what 10 years now of 50131?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

I haven't seen it to much on forms etc. On my own I told them what I had re monitoring smoke alarms etc. Seems to come up more for over the phone quotations.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭stuartkee

THE CHANGE WAS MORE TO DO WITH A BETTER ENG USER LOG AS MOST OLD PANELS WONT TELL THEM WEATHER IT WAS SET OR NOT SO UNDER 50131 THEY ALL DO . ANOTHER WAY OF NOT PAYING OUT ON CLAIMS BUT WORTH TELLING CUSTOMERS

stuartkee wrote: »
    THE CHANGE WAS MORE TO DO WITH A BETTER ENG USER LOG AS MOST OLD PANELS WONT TELL THEM WEATHER IT WAS SET OR NOT SO UNDER 50131 THEY ALL DO . ANOTHER WAY OF NOT PAYING OUT ON CLAIMS BUT WORTH TELLING CUSTOMERS

So true, my honest and perhaps naive mind would not have even thought of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 BJLee

Hi, I have just moved to a new home that has Vista-5 alarm. The panel is displaying as "t1". How do I reset not to blink these, so I will be able to set alarm again? The second question is that the bell box in front of the house is not blinking, is it normal for this security alarm? Would it be possible to the bell blinking so people will notice there is an alarm working (to prevent intruders)? Thanks

You have a tamper fault on zone one. You should check all the connections on that circuit.
    You could replace the external bell for a new one that would give you move visible LEDs.

Thank you for the quick reply KoolKid. The Vista-5 that I have looks too old (more than 20 years). Would you think I should completely replace to a new system?

• Advertisement

I would be looking into upgrading rather than spending dead money on a panel that old.

KoolKid wrote: »
    I would be looking into upgrading rather than spending dead money on a panel that old.

KoolKid, are you in this business? you seem to know everything. would I be able to get quotes for upgrade to blinking bell box? I just was able to remove `t1` message, thanks

BJLee wrote: »
    KoolKid, are you in this business? you seem to know everything. would I be able to get quotes for upgrade to blinking bell box? I just was able to remove `t1` message, thanks

Sure.
    PM me your number and I'll give you a shout tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 sharon.wilson1

Hi there,

Looking for the user manual for a Scopetronic Vista 5 Alarm - if anyone has a copy it would be most appreciated!

Many thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

Hi there,

Looking for the user manual for a Scopetronic Vista 5 Alarm - if anyone has a copy it would be most appreciated!

Many thanks

Sent you that by P.M.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 maasc2

Hi KoolKid, just downloaded user manual from the internet. Is your manual an installation manual? if yes could you let me have a copy as I am doing some work on my house that has a vista 5 Alarm fitted.
    Thanks
    Christian

Sent you that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 eoinm769

Hi All, had a power outage yesterday and since then the vista 5 alarm is showing all faults and i cant seem to clear them any ideas? Cheers

If you enter 0#4 what displays?
    Can you post up the full sequence?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 eoinm769

KoolKid wrote: »
    If you enter 0#4 what displays?
    Can you post up the full sequence?

Hey Koolkid, so pressing 0#4 gives f1, if i enter the alarm code the sequece is A1 A2 A3 A4 FA PA F1 T6 T7 T8 T9 F then FA PA F1T6 T7 T8 T9 again

• Advertisement

eoinm769 wrote: »
    Hey Koolkid, so pressing 0#4 gives f1, if i enter the alarm code the sequece is A1 A2 A3 A4 FA PA F1 T6 T7 T8 T9 F then FA PA F1T6 T7 T8 T9 again

Sorry to say this but it sounds like your panel has passed on to a better place.

I'd agree with kub.
    It doesn't look good with all those faults .

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭paulb79

is there any chance that manual is still about for the scopetronic vista 5 thanks

PMed you the manual.
    Hope it helps.

eoinm769 wrote: »

I would remove the battery and mains leave for a minute and do a power up again. If all else fails then the sensors off this system can be used on a system upgrade. I would recommend getting a hybrid system installed over just a wired control panel if you do go down this route.

From November 2014??:confused:

My bad, never looked at the date :D

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭17larsson

What should the output of the transformer be for one of these panels? I had one of these that was sitting disconnected for a few years. I stuck a new battery in it and it worked perfect for a day or so but it seems to be working solely off the battery as it is down to 5 volts already. The output of the transformer is 17V. Is this normal or is the traffo busted?

17larsson wrote: »
    What should the output of the transformer be for one of these panels? I had one of these that was sitting disconnected for a few years. I stuck a new battery in it and it worked perfect for a day or so but it seems to be working solely off the battery as it is down to 5 volts already. The output of the transformer is 17V. Is this normal or is the traffo busted?

17V is what it should output. If you put your meter across the leads that are connected to the battery what voltage are you getting?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭17larsson

altor wrote: »
    17V is what it should output. If you put your meter across the leads that are connected to the battery what voltage are you getting?

The battery is down to 5v after just a day. It seems to be working off the battery only. When the battery is disconnected the panel is dead

Advertisement