Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone familiar with setting up a Taxi business?

Options
  • 06-11-2012 5:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭

Hello to all..

I find myself between two stools (a) fed up constantly getting ripped off by the local "cartel" (b) having identified a possible niche opportunity for a local taxi operator...

If one was to setup (just a 2 man band to begin with) I'm aware of the need for a SPSV license and associated tests but have no idea on what sort of regulator restrictions exist on numbers of operators in a particular area.

Have read through a fair amount of stuff but nothing specific to how taxi life is "out in the sticks" where meter usage is blatantly rare (in my own experience) and prices so often made up as they go along.

I'm in saturation mode now so getting a bit lost with it all - so can anyone point me in the right direction please? :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

noose-1.jpg

Seriously though first you will need to go here
    http://www.nationaltransport.ie/taxi-and-bus-licensing/taxi/

for information on obtaining the requisite licenses both for yourself and any vehicles

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭IrishLad2012

Hello to all..

I find myself between two stools (a) fed up constantly getting ripped off by the local "cartel" (b) having identified a possible niche opportunity for a local taxi operator...

If one was to setup (just a 2 man band to begin with) I'm aware of the need for a SPSV license and associated tests but have no idea on what sort of regulator restrictions exist on numbers of operators in a particular area.

Have read through a fair amount of stuff but nothing specific to how taxi life is "out in the sticks" where meter usage is blatantly rare (in my own experience) and prices so often made up as they go along.

I'm in saturation mode now so getting a bit lost with it all - so can anyone point me in the right direction please? :confused:
    Don't know a lot about the taxi industry but I'm sure someone who does will be along soon.
    Have you had a look at these guys.http://www.psv.ie/taxi-rentals.html

They rent Taxi's which would definitely suit yourself.You don't have to spend thousands buying cars and plates to get started,plus if it doesn't work out,you can send the Taxi's back.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭jasonpat

Spook_ie wrote: »
    noose-1.jpg

Seriously though first you will need to go here
    http://www.nationaltransport.ie/taxi-and-bus-licensing/taxi/

for information on obtaining the requisite licenses both for yourself and any vehicles

This is very good example you show here with the right image.

Advertisement