Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blu Ray Reader/Writer

Options
  • 06-11-2012 5:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

Looking for a new/second hand Blu Ray Reader/Writer, can be external or internal

Would anyone have any suggestions on what and where to purchase?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

Hard to find one 2nd hand, better get a new one with warranty, they're cheap enough. LG BR RW 80 yoyos at Dabs or 85 at Komplett (incl. delivery), external Samsung (USB 2.0), €99 at Dabs.

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Slipshaney

thanks for that - would you recommend the internal drives rather than a portable device, or would that make much difference? what should I be looking for as regards a spec?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

Well, if you don't need to carry it around, save a few quid and get an internal one, the write speed is higher as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭-( i )- Wicker

Came across this on my search.

"1 new from £4,000.00 1 used from £89.99"

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭U_Fig

There's a couple on adverts for about 55

• Advertisement

Thanks guys they look good. I can't see the ones in adverts though?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

here is the one on adverts. Now its a slim type but it takes SATA connector so would be fine in a desktop. Can you get slim drive external cases? I'm sure they do exist!

Nick

thanks for all the help guys - i went for an external Sony model, second hand, as I will use with both my laptop and PC

Advertisement