Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

locations in South Dublin accessible to Pearse/South Cumberland St.

Options
  • 06-11-2012 6:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

I am starting a full time job in Dublin at the end of this month in the Pearse Street/South Cumberland street area.

Basically, I am seeking advice on places to live that are easily accessible to this part of the city, via DART or bus.

Ideally, id be looking to stay on the south of the city/county. I've looked along all the southbound DART stops but i'm just wondering am I missing some areas?

What bus routes come directly into Pearse St/Cumberland Street south?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Also, would you be able to advise on a weekly DART ticket from Bray to Pearse Station?

Thanks a million

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,411 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Potentially anywhere, as pretty much all Dublin transport stops within 1km of the area. While the DART catchment is the most obvious, many of the buses on the N4 corridor terminate at Merrion Square, while the N11 corridor and Rathmines buses serve Dawson Street, while the Green line stops at St. Stephen's Green.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,080 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Yeah indeed, even the Luas red line stops in the IFSC would be a short walk across the river to the area around Pearse station.

Basically, take a map of Dublin and fold it in half down the river, everywhere on the southside will be convenient for you.

A monthly DART ticket for use 24/7 on the full route will cost you €112 or €77.28 if you're on the lower tax rate and your employer facilitates the Taxsaver scheme. A similar ticket covering all DART/Bus/LUAS will cost you €190 / €98.80

• Registered Users Posts: 78,411 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Larbre34 wrote: »
    Basically, take a map of Dublin and fold it in half down the river, everywhere on the southside will be convenient for you.
    You do realise that the DART and Maynooth lines and a chunk of the red line are on the northside?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,080 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Yeah I do funnily enough, but what do the Northside DART and Maynooth line have to do with anything?

The OP said he was looking ideally to live on the Southside, I suggested anywhere on the Southside would have a good connection to his work location, albeit that the LUAS red line crosses to the Northside where his most convenient stop would be.

Ok with you?

Advertisement