Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Motherboard recommendation for AMD 8350 piledriver processor

Options
  • 06-11-2012 6:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend a good motherboard for the new AMD 8350 piledriver processor..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Eboggles

Care to give a bit more information? Budget? Where you're going to be buying from?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭thebourke

I will be buying from hardwareversand.de website

i will be using the pc for virtualisation etc....
    i want a good spec motherboard that will be upgradeable for future processors/ram down the line...budget up too 200euro for the motherboard...
    any recomendations?

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Kevinf63

thebourke wrote: »
    i will be using the pc for virtualisation etc....
    i want a good spec motherboard that will be upgradeable for future processors/ram down the line...budget up too 200euro for the motherboard...
    any recomendations?

GA-990FXA-UD3 is a great motherboard with plenty of features and its about 120 quid now on Dabs, however, depending on the revision, it may not work and if your buying from them I suggest you get in contact and request for a Rev 3.0 (I think) version of it which brings piledriver support.

If you want more "umph" I suppose you could try the UD5/UD7 or even an Asus Sabertooth 990FX R2.0 board which all look great. The ud3/5 gigabyte boards have one up on the Sabertooth in the pcie x1 department if say you have a soundcard however as the Gigabyte boards have one situated before the first pcie x16 slot which allows for easier dual graphic card configurations.

Also another usually overlooked thing you should note for 990FX mobos is that they come with pcie 2 x16 (usually x8 x8 on Intel) by standard usually, which is an added bonus. All boards take DDR3 1866 Mhz RAM maximum but can be overclocked to 2000 and over on some boards. :o (catches breath) thats a lot of info!

Good luck with the build,

Kevin Finnegan.

Advertisement