Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Halo 4: First Impressions

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    also been wondering this, realistically i wont get around to playing this properly until christmas so i hope i dont miss out on them just because i didnt get it at launch

Indeed - it would be great if there was a coherent story that evolves in time but you can still pick up from the start if you buy the game in 6 months time

I just had some amazing games of team slayer on haven. That map has really grown on me. The size, shape, and sight lines are perfect for mid range battles.

Also magnum/AR/PV/sprint/dexterity as a main loadout seems to be working out well for me. The magnum is deadly at mid range, and the AR is great for mopping up or getting assists. PV & unlimited sprint is still way too good on smaller maps.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Picked this up last week instead of getting CoD this year. Judging by the megabitch thread I have made the right decision haha.

Playing SP on legendary and man its tough. Loving the game so far.

Needler needs a nerf for multiplayer. It's way too good. It's too quick to get a kill before the other guy can respond, especially if you use it with promethean vision. Nothing beats it at midrange

I got one dude last night with it on haven. I was on the ramp, going from the upper to lower level, used promethean vision and saw a guy coming the opposite way and waited for him to arrive. Before he ever saw me, I had him in my sights, lined up and ready to pull the trigger, and as soon as he was in the open I jumped out from behind the ramp and destroyed him in a second with half a clip of the Needler. He barely got a shot off against me.

It's just too good.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭-=al=-

It is awesome for multiplayer once you get the 1 up on someone they're as good as dead

Also can people see you on Promethean vision if your crouched/not moving and camo!?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

-=al=- wrote: »
    Also can people see you on Promethean vision if your crouched/not moving and camo!?

Yup.

In-tear-estinggggggggggggg

Got a habit of being a sneaky f*cker with the camo and a sniper rifle!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

The spawns on SWAT are really annoying.

-=al=- wrote: »
    ...can people see you on Promethean vision if your crouched/not moving and camo!?

yes, yes, and sometimes. If you're camoed and out in the open they can see an outline of you, if you're behind cover, you're invisible. If you're just crouched or not moving you're a big red sitting duck, no matter where you are.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Promethean Vision seems to have lost its popularity. The first couple of weeks I was seeing it almost everytime I died in the killcam, rarely see it now.

Need to win another 30 games before the end of the week for that monthly challenge, so I'll be slaving away on slayer if anyone wants some games :pac:

• Advertisement

maximoose wrote: »
    Promethean Vision seems to have lost its popularity...

Yeah it's died off a bit, but i'm still using it a lot in team slayer. I think people have gotten pretty wise to the fact that you can hear/see other people using it on your HUD. If you get a little "ping" on your radar, just assume that someone nearby knows exactly where you are, and if you aren't happy that you're fully loaded and can engage them with the upper hand then the best thing to do is just backtrack back the way you came and live to fight another day.

I've had a couple of sweet sticks and snipes using it to track people behind walls and then hitting them in the face just as they come around a corner though. Very fun :D.

I must say, i'm loving the pistol in Halo 4. I'm using it more and more like a primary weapon, and mopping up the left overs with my assault rifle. Also, Haven is fast becoming one of my all time favourite Halo MP maps, team slayer on it is great.

Really handy Haven jumps tutorial:

Useful tips.
    I actually like to use the booster ramp with a jet pack and you end up flying way up in the air (it tells you you are leaving the battlefield!) - anyhow you get enough air that you can shoot directly down on guys and kill them death from above style before they know what is going on

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Also when using a booster pack you can go from mancannon to under mowhawk or to open/closed bot bridge.

Useful tips.
    I actually like to use the booster ramp with a jet pack and you end up flying way up in the air...you get enough air that you can shoot directly down on guys and kill them death from above style before they know what is going on

Happened to me, almost exactly like that last night. I was up top, and started taking fire. I had less than 1/3 of my shield left before i figured out who was shooting at me and where from. I barely even got my sights readjusted and got a shot off before the guy landed on me and clobbered the last bit of life out of me with a melee. I went for a stick (because i knew i was stuffed) and missed completely with it, and next thing, wallop, like some winged mike tyson :(

I even chuckled at it myself, in a kind of "ah well, hats off, that was a good kill" sort of way. Must've been proper funny from his end....:D

Happened to me, almost exactly like that last night. I was up top, and started taking fire. I had less than 1/3 of my shield left before i figured out who was shooting at me and where from. I barely even got my sights readjusted and got a shot off before the guy landed on me and clobbered the last bit of life out of me with a melee. I went for a stick (because i knew i was stuffed) and missed completely with it, and next thing, wallop, like some winged mike tyson :(

I even chuckled at it myself, in a kind of "ah well, hats off, that was a good kill" sort of way. Must've been proper funny from his end....:D

hahah....wasn't me i was playing black ops 2 instead :P

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Browning2010

Liking the MP especially regicide but getting really annoyed with playing the same 3-4 maps over and over again.

I'm a bit tired of respawning miles away from where the action is on some of the larger maps.

Feels like on those games you spend half of the game sprinting to get back to the actual game. I liked having the option to spawn on a teammate in reach.

Getting a bit tired of this now. Same maps all the time. Zzzzz...

Also regicide on complex is a disaster. Spawning miles away from the action every time is a pain.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,268 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Been enjoying big team slayer a lot but yeah maps are getting repetitive now.

Was scrapping my through mission 8 on legendary last night had the first beam on the didactic down but got fed up an went to sleep. Went back to the game today and I'm back at the broad sword part again, so sickened. Really not sure i could be bothered playin through the level again. It auto saves your check points.Every single Xbox game I've played would have me starting from there when I go back to it not all the way back to the start of the level, why not this? :mad:

EDIT: heh, went into the menu and I could pick the rally points so crisis averted. Just finished it there. The music's really grown on me, the score over the end credits is great.

EDIT 2:Feck it, for some reason it doesn't seem to think I've finished the 8th mission even though it has the epilogue marked as finished on Legendary. So I completed the game & the 8th mission yet I didn't get any of the achievements for doing so at all. BALLS.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Browning2010

Loving playing slayer and regicide but playing the same maps the whole times is really annoying now, why is there so few maps in those game types?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

with the new maps out soon its possible a ploy to get more people to buy the maps packs or season pass

• Registered Users Posts: 25 A Funky Unicorn

I'm fricking in love with it :D
    Even Halo at its worst (Halo Reach)
    is better then CoD!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

Did they always replay the game winning kill ?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,268 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Patsy fyre wrote: »
    Did they always replay the game winning kill ?

No, think that was part of the update they released today.

It's awesome when you get it

but you feel like a right douche if your the problem!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

Mickeroo wrote: »
    No, think that was part of the update they released today.

Hmm I was willing to let the grenade warning indicater slide but it seems to be following COD more now. I hope this is as far as it goes.

Hmm I was willing to let the grenade warning indicater slide but it seems to be following COD more now. I hope this is as far as it goes.

Not that I have a major problem with it, because COD has some good ideas after all, but yeah, theres a clear effort to make it appeal more to COD players, even if it's at the expense of OG halo fans. I can live with the loadouts, they're handy and popular, and picking the right one for a map or as a counter pick to a good opponent/team is a bit of fun, but I like having to listen out for grenades and the like.

Same here

It's just branched out and took some of the COD features of which I'm not too thrilled about

I enjoy the COD games and not even going to hint of that old debate but I enjoyed the halo ones more... I liked halo the way it was and have been playing it since 2002... Stop ****ing with it 343!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 683 ✭✭✭General Relativity

They no longer reward people for being good and punish people for being bad.
    Most games end up running around in a circle looking for someone who insta-spawned. The first Halo MP I've hated and can't stand playing. :(

Advertisement