Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

November Sack Race

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Martin O'Neill busy talking himself into voluntary redundancy and drawing foolish parallels with Cloughie, but not until 2014! An obvious attempt to prod the board into spending money

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/martin-oneill-will-leave-if-he-cant-rescue-1441674

Wonder if the board will dance to his tune?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

mike65 wrote: »
    Martin O'Neill busy talking himself into voluntary redundancy and drawing foolish parallels with Cloughie, but not until 2014! An obvious attempt to prod the board into spending money

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/martin-oneill-will-leave-if-he-cant-rescue-1441674

Wonder if the board will dance to his tune?

Jesus wept. You really are pathetic. Did O'Neill shag your missus or something?

Nowhere there does he say anything about money and like every manager at Sunderland since 2006 I'm sure he'll continue to be backed in the transfer market.

From reading that article it's more of an obvious attempt to get John Robertson back working with him if anything, with the reference to Brian Clough and Peter Taylor.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

EdenHazard wrote: »
    Hughes has to be gone! So weird I thought he'd do well! Will they be the best team on paper to ever get relegated. Up there with WHU team anyway

The quintessential 'too good to go down' team for me has always been Notts Forest in 92-93. That's all we heard all season, 'too good to go down', but down they went and then Roy Keane skidaddled to utd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

How good were they?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,695 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

EdenHazard wrote: »
    How good were they?

Too good to go down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,990 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

SlickRic wrote: »
    it's a disgrace if Adkins actually is under pressure.

if 2 straight promotions doesn't buy you a bit of time then I just don't know anymore.

Hughes should be the first to go...an absolute chancer of a manager who I'm pretty sure thinks he's an elite manager too.
    If he is a 'chancer' explain to me how to this point in his career he has never finished outside of the top ten when in charge of a team for a full season?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭aidan24326

It's ridiculous that Adkins is even being mentioned in this thread. He has worked wonders at Southampton on a pretty limited budget and they were always going to struggle in the Prem League with the squad they have. He wasn't given much money to strengthen.

It has to be Mark Hughes. He has been given a fair amount of money to spend for a club like QPR and they aren't seeing much of a return. They look a certainty for relegation as things stand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

Ah he was given a lot of money to strengthen now man, 11 million on Ramirez, 6 million on Jay Rodriguez(and not the good Colombian Porto one, the average English one) He prob spent 20 million plus.

But your right he shouldn't be sacked. Hughes has to go. Redknapp is there waiting and ready.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

The Thing about Adkins is it's all coming from the media, as far as I can tell the Southampton board are pretty happy with him and the fans aren't calling for him to be sacked either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭Rascasse

There's plenty of money at Southampton - bought by a billionaire, that then died, but his family are continuing to fund the club. Adkins spent nearly 30m plus the club is spending 15m on the new training ground that's currently being built. So money is no issue (within reason).

Adkins failed to buy any decent premier league defenders. They got Yoshida from the j league. He also completely failed to predict that Davis wouldn't be up to PL standard. Result is leaking goals all over the shop.

The chairman (there isn't really a board. Chairman has complete control) wants to turn Southampton in to a club that regularly plays in Europe, and there are many reasons why that isn't a pipe dream, so the pressure is on Adkins not to let the team go straight back down. I'm quite sure he isnt too impressed with Adkins and will replace him before the January window opens unless there is a major change in fortunes. Fans are very much behind him though, perhaps that's what's saved him. Cortese won't want to lose the fans support like Lowe did.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,277 ✭✭✭batistuta9

also in financial terms this is the worst season to be relegated from the PL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Strong rumours that Hughes is gone .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Hughes just won the race.

He is gone !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Not seen it confirmed, just twit chat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Somewhere in London right now there is a man with a twitch and a horn that would beat a donkey out of a quarry.

280rrqq1.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Looks like Hughes is safe for another week. Don't want to give a new manager United at Old Trafford for his first game!! After that, Sunderland away, Villa home, Wigan away.

Then Fulham, Newcastle, West Brom, Chelsea, Liverpool, City all to play...QPR will be in serious trouble after Christmas I think.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

It's mental just how poorly Hughes has done in his stewardship of QPR. I was no great fan of his when he was at City but tbh I expected him to do an awful lot better at QPR given the resources available to him. Disaster.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

karma_ wrote: »
    It's mental just how poorly Hughes has done in his stewardship of QPR. I was no great fan of his when he was at City but tbh I expected him to do an awful lot better at QPR given the resources available to him. Disaster.

I dont see where Hughes has been, does anyone expect anyhting but mediocrity

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

I wonder if Di Matteo is still 33/1 :P

I wouldn't be surprised if Abramovic pulled the plug. He might leave it till the last group game just to see, but he has been trigger happy in the past.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

Benimar wrote: »
    I wonder if Di Matteo is still 33/1 :P

I wouldn't be surprised if Abramovic pulled the plug. He might leave it till the last group game just to see, but he has been trigger happy in the past.

Depends on whether guardiola is avaliable or not. I think it's well known at this stage that he is roman's dream manager.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,889 ✭✭✭✭klose

Who else is there if di matteo got sickes? Even though i think the notion of him getting the sack is idiotic. Cant see guardiolha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Who else is there if di matteo got sickes? Even though i think the notion of him getting the sack is idiotic. Cant see guardiolha

thats because its Guardiola

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,335 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

TheDoc wrote: »
    I dont see where Hughes has been, does anyone expect anyhting but mediocrity
    Hughes got a bit too big for his boots after walking out on Fulham and then criticising them for lack of ambition.
    He is getting what he deserves at Qpr.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

Never underestimate Abramovic :P

I put a tenner on Mark Hughes to be first sacked at 5/1 a few months back.

Bollocks anyway :mad:

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Might as well throw this in here for the sack of it.

http://www.hasrobertodimatteobeensackedyet.com/

Ya never know with Roman TBH.

Need to update that :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭markesmith

What's the point in having a site like that if they don't update it?

Now I'm starting to get worried about Abe Vigoda: http://www.abevigoda.com/ :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

IvySlayer wrote: »
    Need to update that :pac:

Might as well change it to "hasthechelseamanagerbeen sackedyet?"!!

Advertisement