Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish or Ersatz?

Options
  • 06-11-2012 7:18pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 756 ✭✭✭

In case you were not aware Michael Bent,a chap, born & raised in New Zealand, will be lining out with the IRFU rugby team in the next few days. This is permitted in the rules as his Grandmother holds an Irish Passport.

Journalists/Pundits/former players have in their great majority expressed at best "disappointment, at worst "disgust" at his selection ahead of "home grown Real Irish players"

Now I don't know about you but as an Irishman abroad for the last 21 years I am totally disgusted by what I have read/heard.

Those of us & our offspring living abroad are somehow "lesser" Irish?, grand as fodder for the Gathering but not the real deal donchaknow!

I'd love to confront some of these buggers with Michael Bents Granny so they tell her to her face her grandson is unpure!

Gordon D'Arcy better hand all his caps back, Norman/French origins!
    Mike Ross? must be a Black Protestant from the time of the famine!
    Keith Wood, another one, just the head on him shows he's from Yorkshire Yeomanry stock!
    And as for poor Simon Zebo, they'll probably tar & feather him!

I'll stop there :mad:

Advertisement