Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unfair and Inaffective Mod - Benny_cake

Options
  • 06-11-2012 7:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭

I answered the OP in the following thread;
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056761476

I listed many points and the OP chose to completely ignore them and not engage in a debate with me, using my previous posts elsewhere as an excuse why he would not produce a response- whatever, his choice.

However, JimiTime intervened in the discussion following an argument I had with him in a previous thread. He was coming onto this thread without anything to actually contribute to the OP and merely wanted to aggravate me. I reported JimiTime twice for his obvious motives, neither of which produced any results.

Benny_cake then closed the thread and specifically singled me out, telling me to 'dial down my anger'. I think this is extremely unfair because if he had actually solved the issues with JimiTime to begin with, there wouldn't have been any issues and the whole thread wouldn't have been derailed.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭Siuin

I would also like to add that in this thread philologos' post (#38) was in clear violation of the site-wide rule forbidding anyone to;
    • identify or speculate as to the identity of any anonymous or pseudonymous user
    Benny_cake also failed to address this violation in any way, further proving his bias against me.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

I can see that you're upset about this, but you must follow the procedure outlined in this thread which is out in the main forum. Have a look at the heading "What DOES this forum handle", and follow the instructions provided under the sub-heading "Complaints about a moderator action, ban or infraction" - the first being to try and resolve the issue with the moderator via PM.

If you don't get anywhere, then you need to bring your grievance to any of the CMods for that Category. The CMods are Dades, nesf, and Scofflaw.

In the event that you are still unhappy, you must then post your reasons and all incidents related to this complaint in your post which will be taken on by a site administrator. You will only get one chance to state your case as our admins are very busy, and are unpaid volunteers. Their decision is final in all matters, and there is no right of appeal when an admin has ruled on a complaint.

At this point in time, I don't see any indication that you tried to resolve the matter with Benny_Cake so I would suggest dropping him a polite PM and make him aware of your grievance. I've listed above what to do if you are unhappy with his reply (or lack thereof).

-Shield

I have already tried to resolve the issue with Benny_Cake and he was the person who suggested bringing my case to the Help Desk

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Siuin wrote: »
    I have already tried to resolve the issue with Benny_Cake and he was the person who suggested bringing my case to the Help Desk
    In that case, you should follow the procedure and contact the CMods I have listed above via PM, and let them know you are following the Help Desk procedure by contacting them and asking them to review the incident.

Just in case one of the CMods are away, I would send the PM to all 3 CMods, and they will discuss among themselves who has time to take this on. Once you have sent the PM to the CMods, you should receive a reply to your PM from the CMod who has the time to fully investigate what happened. They will give you their opinion on the matter, and I advise you wait until then as CMods have ruled against Mods in the past, so we don't know what way this will go as yet. Wait until CMods get involved and take it from there.

-Shield

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

The OP has subsequently PM'd me and I've replied to say I'll post my response here.

Siuin, that thread was maintaining civilised discussion before your first post, which seemed to miss the entire point of the OP. It came across as a kneejerk reaction to a perceived slight on Israeli Jews, without any attention to the context. Your points about the treatment of Christians (and Jews) in other countries is a valid topic some other discussion, but not this one. The OP here specifically asked about overseas Christians supporting the Israeli state.

The fact is you derailed the entire thread, accused the OP of Israel bashing, and then a strop when people wouldn't address the points you made which were irrelevant to the thread topic.

As for JimiTime, he didn't intervene in the discussion - he was contributing to before you arrived to ensure it want no further.

It's only unfortunate that the thread had to be closed, though you should consider yourself fortunate to walk away with just a mod warning.

• Advertisement

That's a very pedantic look at it- the OP was discussing why he opposed the Israeli state and I challenged his views. I don't see how that was out of context whatsoever.

Jimi_Time said himself that he had nothing to add to the Israel issue and partook in obvious provocation.

What about the post which Brimal reported which aimed to hint at my identity but was completely ignored by Benny_cakes until I made it public knowledge here? I suppose he'll get away with that too?

I'll cut a long story short.

Look to your own posts before criticising the posts you got in response. A lot of nonsense went on on this thread - kicked off by you.

The mod (correctly) closed the thread. No yellow cards, infractions or bans were handed out. Hardly an example of bias against you. A different mod and we'd be in the Dispute Resolution forum.

There's nothing to see here.

Just FYI, Siuin, I should have mentioned that you can ask your complaint to be looked at by an Admin if a CMod doesn't uphold it.

Otherwise this thread will be archived after 14 days.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement