Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BVN 065 Exchange

Options
  • 06-11-2012 7:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi,

Are there any updates as to when, if ever, the Ballyvaughan BVN 065 exchange will be upgraded to any sort of broadband? A few of us would like to start catching up with the modern world.

In the meantime I have nothing but great things to say about Lighthouse Networks here. It isn't the fastest service by any means, but it is darn sight better than what Eircom is giving us, a whole lot of nothing.

Grant

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi Grant

I have checked with our broadband networks team and unfortunately the BVN exchange is not planned for enablement. It may be late 2013 by the time we get some news on new exchanges that may be broadband enabled.

Regards

Al

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

If Ballyvaughan did not make it onto the 2007 list ( which is still not complete) then there is very little hope seeing as there is basically no fibre west of Kilcolgan or Ennis. The Kilrickle exchange in Galway, promised in 007, has fibre outside the door and hasn't been done.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Gvirtue

Hi Grant

I have checked with our broadband networks team and unfortunately the BVN exchange is not planned for enablement. It may be late 2013 by the time we get some news on new exchanges that may be broadband enabled.

Regards

Al

Not what I was hoping to hear, but pretty much what I had expected. Oh well, I only have a few more months left on my Irish visa anyway. Was just hoping to get a decent download speed before I went back home.

Thanks anyway and best of luck,

Grant

Advertisement