Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas shoe box appeal

Options
  • 06-11-2012 8:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭

Hi,
    I saw on the Shoreline leisure club Bray Facebook page that they are collecting for a Christmas shoebox appeal.
    Just wondering if anyone knows of one being done in the Greystones area? Would just make it a bit handier for me.
    Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

aev wrote: »
    Hi,
    I saw on the Shoreline leisure club Bray Facebook page that they are collecting for a Christmas shoebox appeal.
    Just wondering if anyone knows of one being done in the Greystones area? Would just make it a bit handier for me.
    Thanks!
    Usually there is a collection in the primary schools. As far as I know the central packing and dispatch centre is at the Hillside Evangelical Hall, Hillside Road, Greystones. I will try to get more info for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Viva La Gloria

My Mum is the co-ordinator of the Shoe Box Appeal in North Wicklow, drop-off point for anyone in Greystones is Superquinn :)

If anyone has any more questions I can PM my Mum's number

• Registered Users Posts: 41,065 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Discussion on religious aspects of appeal and merits of it split into separate discussion. moved here

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056803158

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭Maggie 2

After the controversy of Irish aid and the amount paid to Charity chiefs, I think people should think long and hard about giving to ANY overseas charity. Give instead to something local, like Hospice care, St Vincent de Paul, Simon Community, local care centres for the elderly, etc. Charity begins at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,065 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Maggie 2 wrote: »
    After the controversy of Irish aid and the amount paid to Charity chiefs, I think people should think long and hard about giving to ANY overseas charity. Give instead to something local, like Hospice care, St Vincent de Paul, Simon Community, local care centres for the elderly, etc. Charity begins at home.

This isn't relevant to Greystones

Please use the other thread

www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056803158

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Viva La Gloria

Just to let everyone know, tomorrow is the absolute last day for drop-offs in Superquinn!

Advertisement