Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor alert!

Options
  • 06-11-2012 8:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Shocking poor service!

After months of dissatisfaction, I opted to move to Tesco.

Tesco's package is roughly all-in for EUR35pcm.

So ... how to move. Got my sim-card pack from Tesco and went to install. Problem. Phone requires an Unlock-code which I established is not the EIM/PUK/old or new numbers, so I rang Tesco.

Tesco were helpful but said that I must have gotten the phone with a built-in contract from Meteor, in which case I had to go back to Meteor.

I rang the four-digit Meteor helpline. After listening to options, chose that one most suitable for me - the automated voice gave me another (low-call) number to ring - - - where I was given the exact same menu! Picking the same option this time, I was this time in a queue for a caseworker.

He told me that as I was out of contract I could move. But that there was a 30-day cancellation period. I disagreed saying that the Meteor caseworkers who I'd rang about 14-days previously said there was no such period, that the new provider (in this case Tesco) would undertake the formalities for me. I said I was moving anyway so asked to be put through to the cancellation team.

So he put me through to the cancellation team - they told me that they had to get in touch with Samsung for them to forward a code onto Meteor who would then in turn forward the code onto me!

Unbelievable! I have never heard of this before anywhere, even from the previous Meteor case-workers (where I'd been cut-off twice before getting to talk to someone). Unbelievable.

Did I mention that Meteor thinks it could take Samsung about 7-10 working days to get back to them!?

Anyway I rang back 13 days later - today. Original compliant lost. Gave me a number to ring but the relevant guys were offduty 15minutes later (7pm) so I rang straight away.

Am now on hold 40 minutes !!!!!!!! 40 minutes !!!!!!

I moved from Meteor not to get better value, but because of appalling customer service!

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Aaaarrrghhh, we're all gonna die.

Edit: Wrong meteor. I went to the bunker for nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

Unlock it yourself. Google it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

Most phones are locked to a specific network. This is normal.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,736 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

If you are a Meteor Customer you can get the Phone unlocked after 6months. It's just easier if you are still with them

Advertisement