Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

home heating oil, cheapest?

• 06-11-2012 9:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭

hey first time getting oil in limerick and just wondering if anyone has the name of a few companies round here that would be the cheapest for home heating oil?

have looked at the corribeoil website and thats E1.03 including vat
    anyone get a quote for less then that?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 332 ✭✭mick121

try 061 331122 naughtons oil,i rang a few and they were the cheapest.that was a few months ago

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

I got 303L for €300 from Naughton's the other day. Their nice to deal with too.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭banjobongo

there is a thread about this already I think altho it may be a bit old...I think I started off the old thread....anyway....I see hte price of petrol in the garages is coming down....will this have any impact on the price of home heating oil, should we wait and see if prices are going to drop?

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭iora_rua

Have a look at www.cheapestoil.ie - that will give you the overall trend, which appears to be on the way down (gradually) at the mo. Otherwise, ring around, depends where you are, as well as what's been suggested try Estuary out on the N69.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

I got 320 litres for 300 today. O'Dwyer''s Old Pallas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

Got 1000 liters for 900 from Bennett's a few weeks ago

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Mollywolly

I was checking prices yesterday. Only got as far as ringing Shreelawn, O'Dwyers and Naughtons - all charging 93c per litre inc vat (for a 500 ltr delivery).

Figured anyone else would be charging the same, so I stopped there and ordered from Shreelawn, my usual supplier :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭banjobongo

IM just about to order some home heating oil, any last minute tips on cheapest supplier?

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭gflann

I got 500 litres for €460 from O'Dwyers in Old Pallas yesterday, they seem to be the cheapest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,338 ✭✭✭✭phog

Resurrecting an old thread but still valid today :)

Has anyone bought home heating oil recentl? What sort of quotations did you get and where's the cheapest for kerosene?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27 pokethebear

phog wrote: »
    Resurrecting an old thread but still valid today :)

Has anyone bought home heating oil recentl? What sort of quotations did you get and where's the cheapest for kerosene?
    If you live in an area with a good residents committee then you could do what we are doing for the last year. Between two linked estates in Newcastle West we have about 70 houses. Three to four times a year we enquire who wants oil, get the numbers interested (28 houses last week) and get quotes based on bulk delivery. (You can order from 200 - 1000lt). Oil companies are mad for this business as they can do several dozen drops in the space of a couple of hours and its cash up front. Got a delivered price of .84 €/lt last Saturday. We do the same with bin collections (110 euro for the year based on approx. 50 houses partaking), chimney cleaning, etc. Saving each house at least 300 - 400 per year. We have a great man looking after all this so there needs to be a drive behind it for it to work. So thats along winded way of saying there are deals to be had out there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Mollywolly

Had kerosene delivered yesterday and paid 92c per litre from Shreelawn. Didn't bother shopping around because they owed me some from the last delivery!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭fl4pj4ck

just a word of advice, ordered e500 worth of oil at Suttons Oil and paid upfront. now a week later I've no money and no oil, I cannot get a definitive answer of when it will be delivered. I rang them up again today to be told someone will get back to me, which didn't happen. so if you really have to order from Suttons Oil, make sure you don't pay upfront
    going to call the bank and reverse the payment in the morning. now imagine if it was wintertime already....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27 pokethebear

Call them and say they have until the close of business to refund you the money or deliver the oil with gratuity before the story appears on the front of the limerick post/live 95 etc. At the start of the conversation get the persons name, say it will be mentioned, story along the lines of "pensioner has oil withheld by oil company". Nothing like the Joe Duffy effect to concentrate the mind of a lazy business. Has worked wonders before for me. Nobody minds a business having a bad day or two and messing up their orders but holding 500 euro with no satisfaction?? Time to get dirty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭fl4pj4ck

Nah, I will just go elsewhere next time. I don't feel there's a need to blow it out of proportions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,338 ✭✭✭✭phog

fl4pj4ck wrote: »
    just a word of advice, ordered e500 worth of oil at Suttons Oil and paid upfront. now a week later I've no money and no oil, I cannot get a definitive answer of when it will be delivered. I rang them up again today to be told someone will get back to me, which didn't happen. so if you really have to order from Suttons Oil, make sure you don't pay upfront
    going to call the bank and reverse the payment in the morning. now imagine if it was wintertime already....

That's terrible service and inexplicable really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 332 ✭✭mick121

fl4pj4ck wrote: »

Absolutely terrible service.You should make sure you get some money off or free oil.Never ever pay upfront for anything.Companies are going bust all the time.c.o.d is the only way

Advertisement