Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Save a DVD?

Options
  • 06-11-2012 9:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭

Is it possible to save a DVD I bought to my computer? ie play without a disc? If so how?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭RUCKING FETARD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭Cork24

DVD Shrink best one out their

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

Just copy the Video_TS folder from the DVD to your hard drive, simple as that. Many players can play the movie from there, e.g. VLC (Media > Open Folder...)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭RUCKING FETARD

Torqay wrote: »
    Just copy the Video_TS folder from the DVD to your hard drive, simple as that. Many players can play the movie from there, e.g. VLC (Media > Open Folder...)
    Will this work yea...no encrytion probs?? I'll try it later, have House MD lying around somewhere on DVD.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

That won't work with most commercial dvds. They need to be decrypted with DVD shrink or similar. Very fast job though.

It's worth ripping to an x264 mkv though. Handbrake does that very well. 1G should see a very good quality rip.

• Advertisement
Advertisement