Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork rd outside auto port

Options
  • 06-11-2012 10:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭

The guards have the cork road closed
    Does anyone knows what happen there tonight.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Mooley22

Woman was hit by car i think

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭shebzie

Anybody see what happend on cork rd place is full of cops, diversion from end of old glass factory hill at traffic lights as you turn right at lights up to the suzuki garage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭spankmemunkey

Theres another thread on there about it, looks like a woman was knocked down!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Gardaí in Waterford are appealing for witnesses to a serious road crash - which took place this afternoon.

An 81-year-old man was seriously injured when he was struck by a 4x4 vehicle on the Cork Road, in Waterford City while out walking at approximately 2.30pm.

He was taken by Ambulance to Waterford Regional Hospital where he is now believed to be in a critical condition.

The road is closed while Gardaí carry out a technical examination of the scene and diversions are in place.

Anyone with information is asked to contact Waterford Garda Station.

http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/gardai-appeal-for-witnesses-after-serious-waterford-city-crash-573241.html

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭bradknowell

Fathers mate was taken from Morris earlier on aswell :(:(:( . Ambulance was called for him aswell. Hopefully he be grand. Poor fella.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭S28382

Fathers mate was taken from Morris earlier on aswell :(:(:( . Ambulance was called for him aswell. Hopefully he be grand. Poor fella.

What has that got to do with somebody getting knocked down? Hopefully your fathers friend is okay but i dont how see how it has any relevance to this thread. Sorry if i sound a bit petty but i dont see why you would link this person getting knocked down to your fathers friends situation.

S28382 wrote: »
    What has that got to do with somebody getting knocked down? Hopefully your fathers friend is okay but i dont how see how it has any relevance to this thread. Sorry if i sound a bit petty but i dont see why you would link this person getting knocked down to your fathers friends situation.

Sorry it's just the location was roughy the same and in the same day. Both had ambulances called and both in critical condition as far as I can make out.

Should I start a new thread about the chap I know or would you like to keep throwing your dummy out in this one?

*edit* dope

• Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭decies

Best of luck to them all

• Registered Users Posts: 1 deise6147

Hi, if anyone knows any of the people who attended the chap around the health board office at midday yesterday could you pvt me plse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭S28382

Sorry it's just the location was roughy the same and in the same day. Both had ambulances called and both in critical condition as far as I can make out.

Should I start a new thread about the chap I know or would you like to keep throwing your dummy out in this one?

*edit* dope

By all means do start a new thread there is usually plenty of pointless threads on Boards and your one will be just another one. By the way are you directing that 'Dope' comment at me aswell as the f*cking donkey comment you left me in private mail. Dont be a little baby if you want to call names then do it publicly my internet gangster friend.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Alright folks, handbags down please and move swiftly back on topic. Cheers.

Any news on the ould fella?

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭spankysue

I heard today from someone that knows the man who was run over that he's doing good, was delighted to hear it so I thought I'd spread some good news on this thread, what with all the fighting that happened here :)

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Just an update on this, the poor man who was involved in this accident passed away on St Stephens day, unfortunately he never recovered from the injuries he received from the accident, may he rest in peace.

Aquos76 wrote: »
    Just an update on this, the poor man who was involved in this accident passed away on St Stephens day, unfortunately he never recovered from the injuries he received from the accident, may he rest in peace.

That's so sad to hear, I worked in the Autoport and he used to come in every day, RIP Jack :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Finnbar01

spankysue wrote: »
    That's so sad to hear, I worked in the Autoport and he used to come in every day, RIP Jack :(

Did that poor soul have a golden retriever?

Finnbar01 wrote: »
    Did that poor soul have a golden retriever?

Yeah that's him. Humphrey will be lost without him, but at least Jack has a good family so he'll be looked after.

Advertisement