Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Putting money into someone's account without account number?

Options
  • 06-11-2012 10:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭

Hey guys, strange question...

My mam is in America currently and I'd like to put money into her bank account for her so she can use it over there (I know there's other easier methods of this, but she's old and stubborn and it's the easiest way for her)

I don't have her bank account number, but I do have all other details (address, date of birth, etc etc)

I'm just wondering if I'm just putting money IN... Will a bank (permanent TSB) accept it? Or will they simply not allow me to put money in without an account number?

Thanks guys...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

i have successfully had someone lodge money into my account before by going into my branch and giving all my personal info, minus my account info.

the one thing they said is they could lodge the money for the person but not give them a receipt as this would have my account number on it and the person did not know it.

all in all it worked well, but it might be down to how well the local branch staff know you. i know my local branch staff wouldnt have a clue who i am so might look at me funny while (for example) a parent might have a better relationship with them over the years and might know each other by name.

Random wrote: »
    i have successfully had someone lodge money into my account before by going into my branch and giving all my personal info, minus my account info.

OP is your mother's account a permanent TSB one? If it's not, I can't see how they could do it. Surely they wouldn't have access to her name and address unless she was their customer? As you can see the example above involved the branch associated with the account. If she is though I suppose it's down to how lucky you are with how much they want to help you.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Go into a branch of whatever bank she is with.

Give all her info. They will look it up and locate her number - but will not give you this number of course.

They can then lodge it in for you. I guess you can get a receipt but with no account number, just her name.

Advertisement