Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Contacting Bank Of Ireland Staff Over Email

Options
  • 06-11-2012 10:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭

Hi there,

Does anyone know if BOI email is firstname.lastname@boi.ie ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

firstname.lastname@boi.com

or sometimes boimail.com

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭kkapp

The bank do not communicate directly with customers via email as it is not secure. I suggest you contact the department directly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Pat

Hi Dad11,

Thanks for your query. kkapp is correct. We would advise you to try and ring the person/department that you are trying to reach by phone. Since there may be more than one staff member with the same name, there is no guarantee that your email will reach the correct destination.

Is there anything we can help you with here?

Thanks
    Pat

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Dad11

Loads of companies bound by data protection communicate by email. Customer Security is not the reason why you don't. It's down to the fact that you want to make it harder for people to communicate with the bank. Isn't it about time the Bank gave customer's what they want. I should have a choice rather than being forced to do what the bank wants
    Hi Dad11,

Thanks for your query. kkapp is correct. We would advise you to try and ring the person/department that you are trying to reach by phone. Since there may be more than one staff member with the same name, there is no guarantee that your email will reach the correct destination.

Thanks
    Pat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 cfc1888

Dad11 wrote: »
    Loads of companies bound by data protection communicate by email. Customer Security is not the reason why you don't. It's down to the fact that you want to make it harder for people to communicate with the bank. Isn't it about time the Bank gave customer's what they want. I should have a choice rather than being forced to do what the bank wants
    Ring them and stop being such a child.:eek:

• Advertisement

Why not have a secure messaging facility built into 365
    online ? If you put it to a poll email or some sort of messaging service would.win

Hi Dad11,

Thanks
    Pat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Graham

Hi Dad11,

We appreciate your feedback. We recently launched a Secure Messaging service which is available for registered users of 365 Online. You can learn more in our FAQs section here.

Thanks for your posts,
    Graham

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

There is a data protection issue if you try to guess an email address because you could potentially send the information to someone who isn't supposed to see it.

The vast majority of larger companies choose not to publish their staff email addresses for a number of reasons. Internal security is one, but there's also the tendency of customers to try and bypass normal contact routes, which results in reduced service for everyone.

We have an internal phone directory, but for the staff on our helpdesk, their phone number field just shows the main helpdesk switch number, otherwise people would constantly try to ring helpdesk staff directly.

Exactly so instead of customer's trying to guess email they should be published. As a taxpayer in this Country who is a customer of a BANK that has been bailed out by me and all other taxpayers I feel I should have a right to a choice.

The bank not giving me an option to send an email is their choice not mine. The customer is king, pity the banks dont see it that way!

seamus wrote: »
    There is a data protection issue if you try to guess an email address because you could potentially send the information to someone who isn't supposed to see it.

The vast majority of larger companies choose not to publish their staff email addresses for a number of reasons. Internal security is one, but there's also the tendency of customers to try and bypass normal contact routes, which results in reduced service for everyone.

We have an internal phone directory, but for the staff on our helpdesk, their phone number field just shows the main helpdesk switch number, otherwise people would constantly try to ring helpdesk staff directly.

cfc1888 wrote: »
    Ring them and stop being such a child.:eek:
    Email is good enough for other companies and should be good enough for the bank. The bank records all calls I dont. My only way of having a record is email. 

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement