Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best Coverage

• 06-11-2012 10:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭

Where is the best online live coverage of the election? I'm currently watching Sky, but their coverage is atrocious.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,464 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

MOD COMMENT:
    Please be advised that this OP will be left temporarily so that our member can get help, then be deleted, as it falls way below standards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,176 ✭✭✭Amerika

I would suggest for as unbiased coverage as you can get...
    http://www.c-span.org/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭bajer100

I appreciate you accommodating me. Would you like me to qualify my opinion, and thus, hopefully raise it above standard?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭joseph brand

Amerika wrote: »
    I would suggest for as unbiased coverage as you can get...
    http://www.c-span.org/

That's not on for another 3 hrs is it? I'm guessing coverage will start at 01:00 Irish time?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,732 ✭✭✭Tombo2001

Black Swan wrote: »
    MOD COMMENT:
    Please be advised that this OP will be left temporarily so that our member can get help, then be deleted, as it falls way below standards.

Its not April 1st so I am confused .....

It falls way below what?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,176 ✭✭✭Amerika

That's not on for another 3 hrs is it? I'm guessing coverage will start at 01:00 Irish time?

You are correct, but there isn't much worthwhile until after the polls start closing and precincts start reporting.

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Midlife Crashes

Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert doing live election coverage online. Streaming at http://www.comedycentral.com/. If it's not available outside the US you could probably find it somewhere else online.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭joseph brand

MSNBC coverage here, with Chris Matthews, available in Ireland.

Who's the old lad on Fox?

@Joseph - thanks. That's much better than the biased Sky coverage.

@BlackSwan - could you please reply and explain how my OP was below standard, and why you felt the need to insult me by describing it as such? I'd actually be obliged if you could please remove that comment. It is quite insulting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 jimmyjon

A mixture of Fox News for the lols and CNN for proper balanced and occasionally extremely high tech (eg holograms) coverage.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert doing live election coverage online. Streaming at http://www.comedycentral.com/. If it's not available outside the US you could probably find it somewhere else online.

This is exactly what I'll be watching.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

The MSNBC coverage is a bit disappointing. They are currently talking about policies etc. What I am looking for is a news feed that that focuses on who will win! It seems quite simple to me. You focus on the swing States and look especially at the crunch States of Ohio, Wisconsin and Colorado.

Sky's coverage really annoyed me earlier. They put up lovely graphics and announced how it could all come down to Florida. But the graphic in the background that they were basing that opinion showed Ohio and Colorado as going to Romney. Obama is odds on to to win both of those States - that's when I decided to look for alternate coverage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

bajer100 wrote: »
    The MSNBC coverage is a bit disappointing. They are currently talking about policies etc. What I am looking for is a news feed that that focuses on who will win! It seems quite simple to me. You focus on the swing States and look especially at the crunch States of Ohio, Wisconsin and Colorado.

They're just going through the usual programming at the moment - Hardball, Martin Bashir etc - the actual main event program will be helmed by Rachel Maddow, with (probably) Chris Matthews, Steve Schmidt, Chris Hayes, Al Sharpton, Karen Finney etc., etc.

My vote (geddit?) will be for MSNBC. Maddow alone raises it a cut above, but it's always a lively forum and if Matthews goes nuclear, get the popcorn.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,283 ✭✭✭✭Scofflaw

bajer100 wrote: »
    @Joseph - thanks. That's much better than the biased Sky coverage.

@BlackSwan - could you please reply and explain how my OP was below standard, and why you felt the need to insult me by describing it as such? I'd actually be obliged if you could please remove that comment. It is quite insulting.

OP, two points:

1. this is a political discussion forum, and posts that do not start political discussion are 'below standard' - that includes posts which are better suited to personal blogs or help forums. You've been offered some opinions, but this is not a political discussion, nor did your OP attempt to start a political discussion - you were clearly asking for personal recommendations, which is outside the remit of the forum, and suggests you didn't read the Charter.

2. do not discuss moderation on thread.

moderately,
    Scofflaw

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement