Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

fed up with dry hair

• 06-11-2012 11:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭

Wondering if anybody out there has any advice on this. I have always had dry hair but recently it had become very dry with lots of static, especially when I am drying it with a hairdryer.I've used every product on the market, oils, leave in conditioners, the lot but nothing is working. I don't straighten it very often and colour it maybe four times in the year at a salon, so I don't know what is causing the problem. I'm mid thirties, not sure if this is just a symptom of getting older maybe? If anyone has any advice on how to sort it out is appreciate it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Ziegfeldgirl27

What shampoo and conditioner do you use?

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭ennis81

After bleaching my hair for years, I finally had to go dark as my hair was so dry and starting to snap,2 yrs later the dryness was still there so about 6weeks ago I got a 12week blowdry (keratin treatment) from a lady who came to my home it cost €100 and I was delighted with the results my hair is like silk and takes no time to do. PM me for her details if your interested!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Daisy78

ennis81 wrote: »
    After bleaching my hair for years, I finally had to go dark as my hair was so dry and starting to snap,2 yrs later the dryness was still there so about 6weeks ago I got a 12week blowdry (keratin treatment) from a lady who came to my home it cost €100 and I was delighted with the results my hair is like silk and takes no time to do. PM me for her details if your interested!!!

I might do that. I usually use wella or loreal elivive with morroccan oil through the ends. Sometimes I use some of the redken shampoos for dry hair but effects seem to wear off after a while. I've used all the products recommended for dry hair but they don't seem to have any effect.

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Ziegfeldgirl27

My hair was starting to get a bit dry, so switched to Kerastase Bain Satin shampoo. It really worked for me.

Also (because my hair is coloured) I can highly recommend the Loreal Inoa masque, it's brilliant!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭sunbeam

I have a lot of fine, naturally dry and bleached/highlighted hair and love the Kerastase Chroma Riche Masque. The Kerastase Nutri-Thermique range is also good for very dry hair, but I find it a bit heavy for my fine hair.

I also use L'oreal Professionnel Intense Repair masque, with a tiny bit of Kerastase Nectar Thermique leave in conditioner on the ends-a little really goes along way.

I'm not sure if you've using the Wella Professionals or Wella SP range, but I find the SP Repair and Sp Hydrate Masques pretty good too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Daisy78

Yeah for some reason the ketastase leave in conditioner makes it even more dry and broken. I have very thick hair, which falls out a lot, as in clumps of it. So I usually have to use quite heavy products. Maybe I need to change my shampoo to a more hydrating one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 487 ✭✭Alibear

Try 'Pantene Hair Moisture Mask'; it is FAB! Made a huge difference to my hair, alongside using Pantene shampoo and conditioner regularly.

• Site Banned Posts: 104 ✭✭boiledsweets

loreal elvive have a good conditioning range,and also try some bodyshop hair masks,or the swedish hair mask sachets near the boots beauty counter near the till..they usually stock them there..

Advertisement