Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Michael Mcintyre

Options
  • 07-11-2012 12:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭

I have floor seats for his gig on the 17th of november in the o2, it says its a ticketless event and the credit card used to buy the tickets has to be swiped on entry and to have id. I used my sisters card so wondering if anybody knows if i can changed it over to my laser card maybe instead of bringing her credit card?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭argentum

On the night you have to have the card used to buy the tickets,its not possible to use another card as the info won't be on the system to print the eticket

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭mooeire

Does it matter that its her card and me using it?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

mooeire wrote: »
    Does it matter that its her card and me using it?

I would seriously doubt that would be a problem, sure how could they even police that every card used is actually owned by the person holding it?

Looks like it's an attempt to stop touts etc..not a bad idea but I see many people getting stopped as daddy's card was used to purchase the tickets etc.

I would seriously doubt that would be a problem, sure how could they even police that every card used is actually owned by the person holding it?

Looks like it's an attempt to stop touts etc..not a bad idea but I see many people getting stopped as daddy's card was used to purchase the tickets etc.
    good idea alright but can be a pain if you can't make it and need to sell the tickets!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

mooeire wrote: »
    good idea alright but can be a pain if you can't make it and need to sell the tickets!!

That is the problem with these sort of systems. However I'm in favour of anything that discourages touts.

I would imagine that a lot of people would have tickets that were bought for them or on someone else's card so I imagine just having the card will be enough.

(not sure what would happen if you lost your card or swapped providers in the meantime though)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Pipmae

I have tickets for tomorrow night. It doesn't say anything about needing the credit card they were booked with or it being a ticketless event. I have just gone into my Tickemaster account and generated tickets!

I booked the damn gig back in March 2011. My credit card has since been skimmed (twice :mad:) so the one I booked them with is long gone.

Pipmae wrote: »
    I have tickets for tomorrow night. It doesn't say anything about needing the credit card they were booked with or it being a ticketless event. I have just gone into my Tickemaster account and generated tickets!

I booked the damn gig back in March 2011. My credit card has since been skimmed (twice :mad:) so the one I booked them with is long gone.
    I think its just for the floor seating, iv been onto Ticketmaster and they changed it over to my card but iv to bring the receipt as well.. So its not such a ticketless event after all

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Maire2009

Yeah I have tickets too but up in the nosebleeds somewhere - looking forward to it though :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭almighty1

Well what did you think of the show? He got lost a couple of times but he had me in stitches most of the night. Very good show.

Great show and he was on for a decent length of time as well. :D He was worth the wait! Mad to think I was 5 months pregnant when I bought the tickets and she is now 15 months old!:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭jimosterberg

Anyone know what time he started/finished?

Anyone know what time he started/finished?
    I was there Friday night. He came on at 8.10pm until just after 9pm. Then he came back on at 9.25pm/9.30pm and finished around 10.30pm (including the encore).

The dentist gag had me in stitches - I could barely breathe from laughing. There is just something so funny about his mannerisms.

Maire2009 wrote: »
    The dentist gag had me in stitches - I could barely breathe from laughing. There is just something so funny about his mannerisms.
    The 'how do you know you're in a long term relationship' one had me and the hubbie creased in laughter. It was almost embarrassing that we were both doubled over in front of the people sitting near us...:D

Pipmae wrote: »
    The 'how do you know you're in a long term relationship' one had me and the hubbie creased in laughter. It was almost embarrassing that we were both doubled over in front of the people sitting near us...:D

Did ye take off your own clothes when ye went home, put away the laptop and put down the glasses? :P :D

Advertisement