Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can we talk about Christmas now???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭S28382

Ah sure why not the shops are putting it in our faces now so for the next few weeks tis the season to be jolly :D

I brought my oldest lad(11) into smiths to see what he wanted and he came out telling me it was a waste of time going in as he didnt want anything from there now i dont have a clue what to get him i know now he is definitely out of his toy/child stage:eek: so i must of been in a different world as i still seen him as a child............god im getting old. BTW happy early Xmas. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,313 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

:D:pac::o

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,929 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I also endorse this thread! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 639 ✭✭✭Shivers26

I'm like a drug addict when it comes to Christmas. I get little doses on the sly in work or whatever. My husband refuses to discuss anything to do with Christmas until December (bah-humbug!).

We are away to Disneyland Paris next week with the kids and their Christmas celebrations start tomorrow and I cannot wait to see it all!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

I bought gingerbread hand soap!

My hands smell like Christmas.

COME SMELL THEM!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,177 ✭✭✭Hope O_o

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

I can't wait for the lights to go on in Dublin this week, then all I need is some mulled wine/anything with cinnamon and it's officially the holiday season...woo woo! :pac:

miamee wrote: »
    I can't wait for the lights to go on in Dublin this week, then all I need is some mulled wine/anything with cinnamon and it's officially the holiday season...woo woo! :pac:

I've been drinking hot apple ciders and peppermint hot chocolates :D

I've also started a 50 Christmas films challenge! There's a thread in the film forum with ideas for different films :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

I've been drinking hot apple ciders and peppermint hot chocolates :D

I've also started a 50 Christmas films challenge! There's a thread in the film forum with ideas for different films :)

Sounds delish!! I'm not sure I could cope with 50 Christmas movies, lol, but I must take a look at the list. A few years ago I went to see 'It's A Wonderful Life' in the cinema in the run up to Christmas, it was great!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

I got the boyfriends mother so hyped up about Christmas that she went out and bought 4 new sets of Christmas lights and loads of decorations. We're now just waiting for someone to start selling trees nearby and we're gonna start decorating early, screw it being early, tis the season!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

oh yay, I cant wait for christmas, xmassy stuff, xmassy days, xmassy nights out, xmassy events! :D
    Watching Serendipity now, it seems to be on a constant loop on my dvd player at xmas, I adore it and is always good for a slushy/sappy mood!!! Makes me want one of those big chocolate drink things from it though, and to go ice skating with xmas lights all around! :)
    And John Cusack is awesome in it too!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Daisy78

Was in woodies today, they have a HUGE collection of Xmas musical snow globes, was in my element winding them all up and shaking them. And I'm not 5.....34 years of age and really should know better. Was very tempted to but one to add to my collection....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,411 ✭✭✭✭woodchuck

miamee wrote: »

And they're on :D

r6OE8.jpg?8066

They were putting up the tree this morning too, so hopefully that'll be lit soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Rocky Marciano

Very nice pic Woodchuck. Reminds me of a first date almost a year ago, going through the Christmas market in Galway.

Will be getting my annual job of hanging up the outside icicle lights in a few more weeks.

Next Sunday there's a Christmas parade in my town!!!

And this date next month I fly into Ireland for Christmas :D

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Rocky Marciano

Next Sunday there's a Christmas parade in my town!!!

And this date next month I fly into Ireland for Christmas :D

I can just imagine the welcome home group at the airport with massive Princess Peach [insert real name here] banners. Dusty Springfield 'Goin' Back' playing. Snow falling. Kettle on the boil, dinner in the often, radiators turned on. Not long to go :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

I've been making turkey, brie and cranberry wraps, ultimate Christmas style lunch!
    Going to get my decorations down from the attic soon, to "be ready"

I can just imagine the welcome home group at the airport with massive Princess Peach [insert real name here] banners. Dusty Springfield 'Goin' Back' playing. Snow falling. Kettle on the boil, dinner in the often, radiators turned on. Not long to go :)

It will just be my boyfriend picking me up, and we will be having chips and battered sausages and tayto for dinner :D but going to my family home a few days before Christmas, haven't seen my parents all year so that will great.

But also my true love, my dog :D I'm knitting him a Christmas scarf.

• Advertisement

The Christmas tunes were playing in my workplace this evening, lovely to hear I must say! They were mixed in with other tunes so was just enough Christmas music for me for right now :)

I spotted the first neighbours with their Christmas lights up last night! Once one is up, they all do it so there will be a good few more after the weekend!

I feel all 'unprepared' or something cos I'm meant to be putting our Christmas tree up on Friday but usually i clean the house from top to bottom beforehand but I didn't get a chance this year!!:eek: So many decorations to put up....not enough time....:pac:

A great Christmas special :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 639 ✭✭✭Shivers26

I'm really feeling it now. Bought the hubby his Christmas jumper for his work party last night :D

Have my Christmas night with my friends on Monday and its sort of a pot luck where we all bring something so I am making a chocolate biscuit cake but I am going to decorate it to look like a Christmas cake. Fingers crossed it turns out ok.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

Can we talk about Christmas now???

No, its still November.

Snowing where I live the past couple of days. So lovely to see houses with the Christmas lights on in the snow :)

Snowing where I live the past couple of days. So lovely to see houses with the Christmas lights on in the snow :)

:eek: Where do you live?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,929 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

LordSutch wrote: »
    No, its still November.

I will see you tomorrow so!

• Advertisement

I received my 1st Christmas Card this morning - Cheers Brian, you made my day! :)

Advertisement