Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Exit polls, results, coverage and all things election night.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Colm Tobin ‏@colmtobin
    BREAKING: Fox News is calling Florida for George W. Bush.

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,565 ✭✭✭southsiderosie

Romney up by 636 votes in FL with over 80% reporting.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭cristoir

MSNBC projects Wisconsin for Obama.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,848 ✭✭✭bleg

Florida will go for Obama.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭nagilum2

Romney up by 636 votes in FL with over 80% reporting.

CNN map looks like there's a lot of panhandle that hasn't come in yet. It'll be a race to the finish between the Miami Dade and all the panhandle votes. I need Romney to pull out FL!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

Sherrod Brown projected to keep his Senate seat in Ohio.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Have yet to see a county in Florida that has given Romney the 1.4% swing he needs to win the state. Some rich white suburban counties getting swings about 1% swing to Romney, but many less. A few in the very conservative panhandle showing a swing TO Obama (from a low base).

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭cristoir

CNN have the best coverage but are very conservative and careful in the time of their projections.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,465 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

Amerika wrote: »
    Does anyone know the number of military from FL who vote absentee, and when their votes get counted?

Much smaller than 2008, probably due to the lower deployment cycle, but arguably also due to the lackadaisical MOVE act compliance by the DOD. 37,953 absentee votes were requested by Florida military voters, and assume a number of those will not be submitted.

cristoir wrote: »
    CNN have the best coverage but are very conservative and careful in the time of their projections.

Yes, I'm very surprised by how aggressively NBC is calling some of these states.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

cristoir wrote: »
    CNN are really good for county by county analysis.

ive only being watching CNN, its very good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 206 ✭✭JonSnuuu

RTE seem to be very quick to project results, they always seem to be about 20 electoral votes ahead of CNN.

The Republican ticket has already lost its two home states, Wisconsin and Massachusetts.

Duck Soup wrote: »
    The Republican ticket has already lost its two home states, Wisconsin and Massachusetts.

Wait I thought Romney's home state was Michigan.

Or was it Utah?

Mexico?

Or was it Utah?

Mexico?

what does it say on his passport ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭cunnifferous

Or was it Utah?

Mexico?

I heard he's in Missouri waiting for the 2nd coming of Christ :pac:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,593 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Florida has recount written all over it.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

CNN calls PA for Obama.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

BBC has Obama taking Ohio

Elizabeth Warren wins in Massachusetts.

• Advertisement

what does it say on his passport ?

Made in China.

Brian? wrote: »
    Florida has recount written all over it.

It won't matter if Obama gets Ohio...and given that he's got Pennsylvania and Michigan, that's looking more and more likely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭[-0-]

With wisconsin, just Ohio and NH are enough.

Joe Donnelly beats Richard "Rape is God's Will" Mourdock in the Indiana Senate race.

It won't matter if Obama gets Ohio...and given that he's got Pennsylvania and Michigan, that's looking more and more likely.

I think there's almost no way Romney can win Ohio looking at these numbers. Comon Obama in Ohio! And go Romney in FL and VA.

With 42% of votes reported in Ohio, Obama is up 52-47.

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭68Murph68

Doing some flicking there a fair few pundits/talking heads provisionally calling it for Obama.

The Republican on RTE has pretty much conceeded defeat talking about 2016.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭cunnifferous

Democrat senator Sherrod Brown holds seat in Ohio. Good omen for Obama?

WOW CNN CALLING MA & IN FOR DEMS.

:D:D:D:D:D

• Advertisement

Agreed. Ohio is no sure thing though.

Obama currently 20k ahead in Florida. Fecking hell.

Obama 100k ahead in Colorado.

they/them/theirs

All senate races falling as predicted. Republican moron loses in IN. And no Republican can win a national office in MA in a general election.

Democrat senator Sherrod Brown holds seat in Ohio. Good omen for Obama?

Republican on RTE was saying that in his opinion this result made it very hard to see Romney winning in Ohio.

New Hampshire called for Obama.

nagilum2 wrote: »
    All senate races falling as predicted. Republican moron loses in IN. And no Republican can win a national office in MA in a general election.

I live in a very lefty part of Massachusetts, and people were really worried that Brown would win because he was seen as moderate and competent. But then he started acting like a national Republican rather than a New England moderate, and that didn't go over well.

I have to wonder if the GOP isn't going to purge itself of its far-right extremists after this election cycle. They have essentially cost the GOP the senate.

NH for Obama

So a Florida win would do (baring surprises)

• Advertisement

I live in a very lefty part of Massachusetts, and people were really worried that Brown would win because he was seen as moderate and competent. But then he started acting like a national Republican rather than a New England moderate, and that didn't go over well.

I have to wonder if the GOP isn't going to purge itself of its far-right extremists after this election cycle. They have essentially cost the GOP the senate.

Will be interesting to see what the Tea Party portion of the party do and how their cries of Romney "not being conservative enough" will go down. Could see it getting nasty when all the blame is flying around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭feargale

Guy in CNBC says Romney to win must take Fla, Vir, NH, Ohio AND Nevada - all 5 !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭[-0-]

NH for Obama

So a Florida win would do (baring surprises)

Ohio would do without FL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

Senate is crap news for republicans, messed it up again. Looks like Florida will go for Obama too, very hard to see it going Romney. Once Florida goes Obama I don't want to know about the rest of the map. On the bright side marijuana legalisation and gay marriage is leading in some states.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭feargale

Just now CNBC has Obama edge ahead in Fla.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Zemuppet

BBC declare Minnesota for Obama

Obama campaign confident about Florida, as Broward County and Miami-Dade still to be added to the total.

No matter what else happens it looks like the Dems will hold the senate.

they/them/theirs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭vetinari

I felt the exact same thing. I live in Boston. Brown really shot himself in the foot with the negative ads regarding being a native american and about her legal cases. Turned the whole race negative.

Anyone else think that Anderson Cooper looks like Roger Sterling?

Or is this old news? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 206 ✭✭JonSnuuu

CNN Projects Utah for Romney

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭vetinari

They're surely close to calling Florida for Obama?
    From looking at CNN, the only major counting left is in Miami which is strongly for Obama

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭Lenin Skynard

Anyone else think that Anderson Cooper looks like Roger Sterling?

Or is this old news? :D

He kinda reminds me of Bill Maher.

Montana , Utah for ROMNEY

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

johnt91 wrote: »
    CNN Projects Utah for Romney

BBC same

• Advertisement
Advertisement